Anyone buying a matching Shelby in same color as GT

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
That is beautiful. So I figure that version would run you over $100K correct?

Jack @ MMP Sales
Muscle Motors Performance, Inc.
jack@musclemotors.com
http://www.musclemotors.com
(818)888-7778
"Here to Make Racing Fun & Affordable for Everyone!"

Your are close. That version including paint is just over $93K, but Steve cut me a deal as this is the only 2006, built for the owner's meet specifically. I paid about $80K, which considering the performance, I consider a good deal.

I am also sick of the prices dealers are getting for the GT500, so I purchased a 2007 Mustang GT and bought Shelby's "CS8" package. It will be only the third CS8 in existence after it is finished. It will be very close in specs to the Saleen Extreme, down a bit in horsepower at only 500 HP, but far more rare than the GT500. It will bear a Shelby Badge, number and certificate of authenticity. I'll post a thread with pictures as the project progresses. Shelby has a lot in the works for me right now including a new CSX4000. I'll post that too when the time comes.

timcantwell

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Here is something for everyone to think about. If the Ford GT stickered for $175K would you have bought it? Say Ford stickered the GT500 for $55K would you buy it? Just because the sticker says one price doesn't mean that is what it is worth. True market value is based off customer demand. We have some parts that may have only cost us a certain dollar amount but when everyone runs out of that part and you are the only one to have it you can ask for it whatever you want. People may or may not pay it but the demand on that product will dictate it's true market value.

Jack @ MMP Sales
Muscle Motors Performance, Inc.
jack@musclemotors.com
http://www.musclemotors.com
(818)888-7778
"Here to Make Racing Fun & Affordable for Everyone!"

Jack,

I am an economist by profession, and couldn't agree with you more. I also consult with major companies in the area of pricing. As a consumer, I hate to pay a premium. The psychology of "value" and "price" is a very interesting dynamic in shaping our perceptions!!!

Docrug

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Mansfield, Tx
Matching Cars

Yep..
Ordered a red convertible/ white stripes for sticker:banana to match my r/w "05"#1211. Got it at the dealership where I bought my wife's "06" tungsten. Yes, and I know the vert's don't come with stripes, the dealers adding them. Nice Guy! If you buy enough vehicles from someone it's amazing what they"ll do for you.:biggrin

timcantwell

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Yep..
Ordered a red convertible/ white stripes for sticker:banana to match my r/w "05"#1211. Got it at the dealership where I bought my wife's "06" tungsten. Yes, and I know the vert's don't come with stripes, the dealers adding them. Nice Guy! If you buy enough vehicles from someone it's amazing what they"ll do for you.:biggrin

That's great news Doug. My 2007 Mustang was purchased from a dealer who had assured me that if I want a GT500, he can most likely sell me one at MSRP or below slightly once the fever dies down next summer or fall. I'll wait to see for myself.

FB GT40

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
May 30, 2006
Folly Beach, SC
Tim's Saleen

Tim's Saleen...

Attachments

• Tim's Saleen.jpg
    Tim's Saleen.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 60

leon

GT Owner
May 29, 2006
Hilton Head Island, SC
A corvette ZO6 is as fast, handles better, and will actually cost less than an oversticker priced Mustang. Compare the two cars and you might agree. After all, the Mustang is just a mustang with a bigger engine, the Vette is a vehicle of much higher engineering/design and quality. I was going to buy a Shelby, but when I compared the two vehicles, the Vette won out hands down.
Just my two cents.

Leon

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Compare the two cars and you might agree. After all, the Mustang is just a mustang with a bigger engine, the Vette is a vehicle of much higher engineering/design and quality. I was going to buy a Shelby, but when I compared the two vehicles, the Vette won out hands down.

I couldn't agree more. But maybe there is a lot to be said for the Mustang on emotional level..... Think of that aswell. :wink