Anyone buying a matching Shelby in same color as GT

DanM - Most dealers I am talking to already are starting to sell their 2008 allocations for over sticker. I personally think that due to the price range they are in you are going to have them all sold before any are sold to anyone at sticker or below sticker. Almost anyone will fork out $55K - $60K for one of these cars over $150K for a GT. IMO they are in a much more affordable price range and almost anyone can get financed for one.

Fubar - I would have said the same thing if Shelby wasn't involved again with the GT500!

Jack @ MMP Sales
Muscle Motors Performance, Inc.
jack@musclemotors.com
http://www.musclemotors.com
(818)888-7778
"Here to Make Racing Fun & Affordable for Everyone!"

Last edited:

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
Damn, Jack! Your Shelby looks like it's almost pulling the front wheels!:biggrin
Have you done anything yet?

FORDGT001

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2005
I just bought a 07 GT500 but it doesn't match my GT. I will also be buying the saleen S281 Extreme Coupe(550HP).

FORDGT001

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2005
DanM - Most dealers I am talking to already are starting to sell their 2008 allocations for over sticker. I personally think that due to the price range they are in you are going to have them all sold before any are sold to anyone at sticker or below sticker. Almost anyone will fork out $55K - $60K for one of these cars over $150K for a GT. IMO they are in a much more affordable price range and almost anyone can get financed for one.

Fubar - I would have said the same thing if Shelby wasn't involved again with the GT500!

Jack @ MMP Sales
jack@musclemotors.com
(818)888-7778

I totally Agree I was going to wait for the price to come down but I don't think it will happen before production ends.

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
I totally Agree I was going to wait for the price to come down but I don't think it will happen before production ends.

It's a funny trend that is happening here. It's seems like everyone is buying them for their perceived collectors value (which we all know there is none). The thing is that at it's price point, more people can afford it, and therefore are taking up all the allocations. What this is doing is driving the price up temporarily, but it will eventually crash, and crash hard, just like every other hot car out there. There are going to be soooo many Shelby GT's made that they will be almost as common as a Mustang GT. It seems that it will just take a little longer than usual for the public to realize it, and stop buying them.

What the public does not know is what makes them the public.

FORDGT001

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2005
A local Ford dealer here told me 2 year production 9,300 a year(Total 18,600). Time will tell on price but this car is so inexpensive to begin with.

HOGDEALER

GT Owner
Nov 19, 2005
Coos Bay, Oregon
As much $$$ trouble as ford has I think the production will go on longer than two years as long as demand is out there. The bigger issue I see is when the old man kicks the bucket, then what? No more Carol no more Shelby?

samthejeepman

Permanent Vacation
Oct 14, 2005
new jersey
from what i have heard
ford will be making 8000-10000 of them per year for the next three years
i also hear by next year they will be discounting them, just to unload them
i'm waiting for the new hemi challenger !!!!

sam
#1451--------red/white
#003---------extreme saleen
#038-------- parnelli jones

I didn't purchase my Shelby for collectability. I purchased it for one reason and that was the build parts for and race. When I purchased a 1993 Cobra no one said it would be worth anything either and they are now selling for over $20K if in good condition. It has been reported also that Ford actually lost money on building the 03-04 Cobra's and I believe the same thing with the Shelby GT500. I still think the GT500 will not be sold under sticker or at sticker in it's whole production run. Supply and demand will keep this car, while they are available, at a whole different price range IMO.

Jack @ MMP Sales
jack@musclemotors.com
(818)888-7778

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
Personally, I think todays Saleens will be tomorrows Shelby.

I agree, whereas, the Shelby is going to be over produced. IMO

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
It's a funny trend that is happening here. It's seems like everyone is buying them for their perceived collectors value (which we all know there is none). The thing is that at it's price point, more people can afford it, and therefore are taking up all the allocations. What this is doing is driving the price up temporarily, but it will eventually crash, and crash hard, just like every other hot car out there. There are going to be soooo many Shelby GT's made that they will be almost as common as a Mustang GT. It seems that it will just take a little longer than usual for the public to realize it, and stop buying them.

What the public does not know is what makes them the public.

IMHO I don't think so. I don't think anyone bought a FORD GT for its future collector value, and I think the same is true for those of us that bought one of the new Shelbys. I bought my BOSS 302, Shelby and FORD GT because they are awesome cars to drive. If they become valuable in the future then I lucked out.

Here is something for everyone to think about. If the Ford GT stickered for $175K would you have bought it? Say Ford stickered the GT500 for $55K would you buy it? Just because the sticker says one price doesn't mean that is what it is worth. True market value is based off customer demand. We have some parts that may have only cost us a certain dollar amount but when everyone runs out of that part and you are the only one to have it you can ask for it whatever you want. People may or may not pay it but the demand on that product will dictate it's true market value.

Jack @ MMP Sales
jack@musclemotors.com
(818)888-7778

jsalomon

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 20, 2006
Newport Beach, CA
Don't get me wrong guys, I love the new Shelbys. However, I also agree that the Saleens of today will be the Shelbys of tomorrow. Especially, if they are custom made to match your GT including HP and torque! Just imagine what your GT and Saleen would go for in the future as a matching set! In the mean time you get to drive a street version of your GT without parking over 30" away from another car.

You know what, I think I just talked myself into ordering a matching Saleen! Let's see how the wife will take this one? I'll keep you informed!

#6-GULFgt

Aug 22, 2006
Here's Tim Cantwell's Saleen S281 E and Gulf GT that many of us saw at the meet in August. This is the finished product after Saleen finished the engine, wheels, etc.

Attachments

• IMGP0867.jpg
    IMGP0867.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 95
That is beautiful. So I figure that version would run you over $100K correct?

Jack @ MMP Sales
jack@musclemotors.com
(818)888-7778

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
I'm on the hunt for a midnight blue with white stripes GT500 to match my GT. Going to surprise the wife on her 50th in April and have the auto broker that delivered my GT for sticker a year ago seeking out the best deal he can for me. So far, he's finding $12K - $15K over is the typical range in the midwest. Says he thinks when some dealers sit on their cars a few more months through the snow we can probably make a much better deal. Time will tell....

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
Not many Shelbys sitting on car lots across the country. Most dealer allocations for the 2007 model were sold out over ten months ago. I ordered mine in July and delivery isn't due until next month (Feb 07). Good luck waiting for the price to go down.

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
love my GT500 , it is an amazingly fun daily driver for me. I would also like to add that I would gladly pay the 15K over sticker I paid 6 months ago, it was worth it to be able to drive it the past 6 months and not still be waiting.

Last edited:

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
Ditto That!:cheers

RICK

2007 GT500 Conv. Ebony Black w/Tungsten Stripes
2007 GT500 Conv. Performance White w/Blue Stripes
2006 Now Ford Gt / Future GTX1

Last edited:

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
IMHO I don't think so. I don't think anyone bought a FORD GT for its future collector value, and I think the same is true for those of us that bought one of the new Shelbys. I bought my BOSS 302, Shelby and FORD GT because they are awesome cars to drive. If they become valuable in the future then I lucked out.

With all due respect, you are kidding yourself if you think that many of the GT buyers did not buy them for an investment. Many of them bailed out and sold their GT's when prices started to crash. One of the main things I hear from people when they see my car is how much it will be worth in a few years.

It is the same with the Shelby. Sure, there are exceptions, like most of us here. Unfortunately, we represent a very small percentage of car buyers. I think you would be very surprised to see how many Shelby's you will find that are garage queens. It is not, and will not be collectible. There are just too many of them.

I for one, ALWAYS buy a car as an investment. An Investment in my sanity.