Anyone bringing their GT to the Carlisle Ford Nationals June 4-6?

racelance

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 26, 2006
Carlisle, PA
I've talked to a few GT owners out there that said they'll be at the event. I figured I'd start a thread to see who else will be coming to the show. Here's the link for all the information: Carlisle Ford Nationals Info.

I hope to see you out there. I'll have my tungsten on display for sure, I might even have the GT Guys do a little work to it if all comes together.

Cheers,

Lance

RADGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
Connecticut
Lance,

I understand there is a limit to how many GT's are on display this year in the main building as there will be 7 new GT's, 7 originals, 7 cobras. As the 7 slots are taken, I may not make it down this year. If anything changes or my facts are wrong, let me know. Stu

racelance

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 26, 2006
Carlisle, PA
Lance,

I understand there is a limit to how many GT's are on display this year in the main building as there will be 7 new GT's, 7 originals, 7 cobras. As the 7 slots are taken, I may not make it down this year. If anything changes or my facts are wrong, let me know. Stu

Stu-

You are right on the money with your post. I spoke to the event manager for the event to confirm earlier today. Our main display building (building T) is where the GT's, GT40's and Cobra's will be located. However there is a nice location setup for the Ford GT catagory - it's right by the dyno (not sure if you recall from last year). Ford is coming out in full force this year, we're excited about another great event.

I hope you can make it!

Life is good,

Lance

RADGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
Connecticut
If I come with the GT, can I just come for the day or am I obligated for the whole weekend?

Stu

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
if I ever go to carlisle I would have to bring my boss 302 as I understand there is a boss national meeting there this year.:thumbsup

racelance

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 26, 2006
Carlisle, PA
If I come with the GT, can I just come for the day or am I obligated for the whole weekend?

Stu

Stu-

You can certainly come for the day, but I bet you'll have more fun if you stay for a couple days :thumbsup.

If you were to pre-register you could drive straight in and get a chance to win a trophy. Registration includes weekend admission for two people. If you would like your entry window sticker mailed to you, please pre-register prior to May 3rd, 2010.

If you'd like to come for the day, we do have on-grounds parking however you would not be able to park in the designated Ford GT area supplied on the showfield.

Please feel free asking any further questions and I'll do my best to get back to you ASAP.

Cheers,

Lance

racelance

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 26, 2006
Carlisle, PA
if I ever go to carlisle I would have to bring my boss 302 as I understand there is a boss national meeting there this year.:thumbsup

The Cobra Jet is a big focus this year - it should be awesome! There's a lot going on, check it out by clicking here.

Cheers,

Lance

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
I'll be there for at least one day Lance,I registered for the show field. I would rather have the freedom out side any how. Much easier to mingle with the crowd. People like to take pics of the cars & ask a lot of questions.

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
Lance,

Hi Stu,
I spoke to Rick at Carlisle and he told me he has only one original GT 40 coming. He also has a few cobras for building T, and has allocated about eight spaces for our GT's. I have a firm commitment on four and I had expressed to Rick that we can fill building T with as many GT's as he can work out. The more spaces in building T he gives us, the more GT's we'll bring.:biggrin
So move the hot chocolate and cotton candy over, put the explorers outside, forget the comets and bring in the FGT's. :thumbsup

One more thing... Rich and Denis if you come out... I'll buy you dinner.:thumbsup

--

Mike's GT

GT Owner
Feb 18, 2008
Toms River NJ
hi Lance,
I will be bringing my Gt again , see you there. Mike

GTJIMMY

Permanent Vacation
Jun 12, 2009
Lloyd Harbor, NY
Stu,

I'll be there with my White GT. We don't seem to have a Blue car lined up yet. It would be nice to see that beast from CT again.....

Jim

racelance

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 26, 2006
Carlisle, PA
I'll be there for at least one day Lance,I registered for the show field. I would rather have the freedom out side any how. Much easier to mingle with the crowd. People like to take pics of the cars & ask a lot of questions.

I concur with you... I enjoy letting people jump into my car. Heck, it's the best way to get kids hooked on cars. They'll be the people who ensure the future value of these cars - let 'em enjoy the beautiful view many of us cherish daily.

Life is good,

Lance

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
I plan to attend if the GTGs are available to do some work on my car!

racelance

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 26, 2006
Carlisle, PA
I plan to attend if the GTGs are available to do some work on my car!

I'll keep you posted, I've been trying to coordinate with Rich and he's figuring out his schedule to confirm.

Thanks,

Lance

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington

Haven't heard about any BOSS 302 thing going on here - there is a reunion planned for next year in Ohio.

http://www.boss302.com/smf/index.php?topic=43221.0

RADGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
Connecticut
Doug and Jim,

I contacted Rick but he has informed the GT slots are filled though they are hoping for more GT's elsewhere on premises w/ an area allocated as Lance informed us. As such may come down for a day with a car other than the GT but do not know at this point. If I was aware of the small allotment for building T and if I had been contacted earlier I probably would have brought the GT for the weekend, unless of course those limited number of places were for special invitiation.

Stu

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
Doug and Jim,

I contacted Rick but he has informed the GT slots are filled though they are hoping for more GT's elsewhere on premises w/ an area allocated as Lance informed us. As such may come down for a day with a car other than the GT but do not know at this point. If I was aware of the small allotment for building T and if I had been contacted earlier I probably would have brought the GT for the weekend, unless of course those limited number of places were for special invitiation.

Stu

Stu,

If you bring Your GT ................... I'll give you my spot in Building T. :thumbsup

See ya there

--

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
What is the hotel availability???

Mike's GT

GT Owner
Feb 18, 2008
Toms River NJ
hi Waxer, you can try the Comfort Suites in Downtown Carlisle, i stay there on Ford weekend and Corvette weekend.
address: 10 South Hanover Street, Carlisle PA, 17013 .
phone : 1 717 960 1000 AND most important they have a Giant Covered Parking Garage.

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
Thanks. :thumbsup