Anybody have one of these in the Garage?

Doctr V

GT Owner
Mar 16, 2010
Pennsylvania
I'm looking to upgrade my original 2008 Challenger that I bought brand new. 425hp isnt getting it done for me anymore, I haven't driven the car in 2 years... Here is the one i'm looking at.... 10 mins from where we were in August.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dodge-Chall...9224e52&pid=100033&rk=1&rkt=4&sd=281815318657

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Hellcat - hell yes!

Ed

PS I don't have one but, yes you should have one Eric!

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
I don't have a Hellcat, but I thought about it extensively. I do have two other Challengers (2008 SRT and 2009 SRT), including one that I put a Kenne Bell supercharger on back in 2009, when that was still a pretty new mod for Challengers (also made it into a convertible, and painted it Plum Crazy, and some other mods).

The main thing I wanted to say to you was that if you haven't already done so, consider just a simple cold air intake and Predator tune, and maybe exhaust. This really does increase the enjoyment factor considerably. I was thinking about trading in my stock 2008 SRT a couple of years ago, and then just for kicks I invested under a grand into a CAI and Predator, and it is SO much more fun. Very good bang for the buck, in my opinion. Your Chally will never equal your GT, but those simple mods may rekindle your interest in your current car.

On the other hand, I doubt you'd regret getting a Hellcat. Just some food for thought. My 2 cents.

Doctr V

GT Owner
Mar 16, 2010
Pennsylvania
Ive been toying with the idea for awhile, The 08 that I have now is not fun to drive anymore given whats in my garage so all that it does is sit and take up space... I never even took it off of the rack this year. If I can get fair money for it , its gonna leave the stable... BTW, the biggest reason for selling, Its an AUTO.

Doctr V

GT Owner
Mar 16, 2010
Pennsylvania
hellcat - hell yes!

Ed

ps i don't have one but, yes you should have one eric!

i love peer pressure.. Lol

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
just sold mine.

Doctr V

GT Owner
Mar 16, 2010
Pennsylvania
just sold mine.

Didnt like it ???

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
I had an early 6 speed Challenger Hellcat on order, but the build got delayed so long that I ordered and received a Tesla P85D in the interim. The Hellcat would be a blast, but for a daily driver, I'm loving me some electric torque with incredible traction. If I want to burn rubber, I'll just pull out my 91 LX notchback.

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
If you really want a HellCat call Lucas Ford. Howard is a Forum member and an honest gentleman.

In the last couple of months I sent a friend to Howie and they purchased two high end cars .................... GOT WHAT THEY REQUESTED AND VERY HAPPY.

Thank you Howie.

txviper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 31, 2007
I've got one, they are very fun cars. Good driver too.

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
Didnt like it ???

I did like it. Lots of power for the money. Could use as a daily driver. Lots of trunk space and hooks to hang dry cleaning. Could light the tires up quite easily. A great straight line car, a little too heavy for track use. The real issue was that it didn't instill the vigour, vitality and ear to ear smile that I get from the GT, Cobra or the Ferrari.
Plus made money on it when I sold it. Had less than 1000 miles on her.