Any words of advise for a new owner?

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
John, it only goes 'pop' if you've oiled the mechanism!

dr914

GT Owner
Feb 11, 2009
Marietta Georgia
always hold the door as you open it from the inside, and never open it while driving if you think is not completely latched. If the door swings out on it own it could bend the hinge to door mounting and easily knock the door out of alignment. The door strap is too long to catch the door before this happens

kumar

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2007
Dallas
change the tires to the scuderias is the first thing i would do

H

HHGT

change the tires to the scuderias is the first thing i would do

+1

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Holy Resurrected Thread Batman!!!
This thread is three years old.....

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
That was my thought too! :rofl

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
I wonder if he still owns his car!!! :lol

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Check The FAQ section and read the date of the post.....:biggrin

BillyRay

GT Owner
May 5, 2008
Phoenix
Filler neck

Tip: When filling up the gas tank I would hold the pump ever so softly and be careful. Before I would put the pump handle in and walk away and the next thing I have is a emission problem.
This may have ruined the filler neck which is a $2000 fix, So be careful in advance not to mess this expensive part up.
I would do 2-easy performance tips: 1. new exhaust, the factory mufflers are lame and weigh 55lbs.
2. Pulley Tune from the GT Guys-now you should be around 650HP.

Lastly:::: Get use to people screaming at you with the windows down!!
Things like--WOW nice car---man thats one bad ass machine
Cool-( thumbs up) Young kids really light up. Instant Rock star.
This car will be one of the MOST amazing machines you will ever own.....Enjoy

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
the first thing you need to do as an owner is to figure out how quickly you can get a second gt:wink

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
new owner advice

My advice to a new owner of a GT is to drive it as often as you can. Put a lot of fun miles on it. Life is too short. Enjoy a great car.

Ed

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
My advice to a new owner of a GT is to drive it as often as you can. Put a lot of fun miles on it. Life is too short. Enjoy a great car.

Ed

:agree:

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
Know that when your door light is on and you have checked everything, even the clamshell.... It's your trunk!!!! and that it happened accidentally when you hit your remote to unlock your beauty......

Also, what every one else said.... :wink

rkpezold

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2007
plus 2 or 3-- Hoosiers too!

NJF

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Just checking back in after being off-line for tooooo long, and yes I still have my GT. I hope to never sell her.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Just checking back in after being off-line for tooooo long, and yes I still have my GT. I hope to never sell her.

Good to see you still have your GT.. :biggrin Here is a link to a post that may answer your original question : http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?14197-General-tips-for-new-owners

I am sure the GT is tucked away for the winter,,, So look forward to spring time and think about coming to the 2011 rally !!

sr71

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2007
Calgary, Great White
We've recently had quite a number of new owners, so I thought a resurrection of this old thread might be useful.

My suggestion, all of the previous, and when you take a friend for a ride, try to remember to hold them back after, so they don't knock themselves flat hitting the door on the way out. Puts a real damper on the whole ride thing!

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Jay gives some outstanding advise. (See "Jay's Laws"). My advise is to be concious of what the car is doing beneath you. YOU drive the car, don't let it drive you! The rear wheels will spin, but only if you right foot is heavy!