Any service dept. recommendations for Orange County, CA?

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Since it seems there are a good number of GT's owned by fellow Southern Californians, I wanted to find out where a good place to get my GT serviced is.

Please let me know if you can recommend a local dealer, or independent mechanic. Also, if there are any places that I should avoid...

Thanks in advance for the input!

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
SYCO GT said:
Since it seems there are a good number of GT's owned by fellow Southern Californians, I wanted to find out where a good place to get my GT serviced is.

Please let me know if you can recommend a local dealer, or independent mechanic. Also, if there are any places that I should avoid...

Thanks in advance for the input!

I had a great experience at Ford of Orange then they made a change in the service mgr. dept and now I'm looking as well.
I drove to Power, Villa and Rancho and none had much experience or desire to take on GT projects, service, maintance etc.
With all the GT's in So Cal you might think it would interest Ford to set up one dealer to specialize in GT's.
Thinking of trying to go Saleen direct.

Last edited:

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I visited the SALEEN store in Irvine at the Spectrum, and the factory at Fairbanks. I wasn't aware that SALEEN has their own maintenance division. Let me know what you find out and I will do the same.

I bought a 1996 Cobra from Ford of Orange, and they were great to deal with, but that was a while back, and I haven't had much contact with them.

I had to go out of state, since the gouging was $23K - $33K over MSRP on the window, and I just didn't want to go there. Unfortunately, that means I don't have any relationship.

I'm thinking of just doing the minor stuff myself perhaps. But also, with a completely new vehicle, it'll be nice to have a dealership service resource.

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
SteveA said:
I had a great experience at Ford of Orange then they made a change in the service mgr. dept and now I'm looking as well.
I drove to Power, Villa and Rancho and none had much experience or desire to take on GT projects, service, maintance etc.
With all the GT's in So Cal you might think it would interest Ford to set up one dealer to specialize in GT's.
Thinking of trying to go Saleen direct.

I agree with SteveA. My local dealer (Capistrano Ford) didn't seem very excited when I brought my car in for repairs. Saleen may be the way to go.

Jay
http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34

sandiegored

GT Owner
Apr 2, 2006
Mossy Ford in Pacific Beach. Josh is a very good guy and is dedicated by Mossy to work on GT's. A bit of a drive from Irvine but it may be worth it.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
sandiegored said:
Mossy Ford in Pacific Beach. Josh is a very good guy and is dedicated by Mossy to work on GT's. A bit of a drive from Irvine but it may be worth it.

After hearing the $480 quotes for an oil change from one of the other threads, I'm convinced, it may very likely be worth it.

Thanks!

THE1GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 14, 2006
San Juan Capistrano, CA
I posted a similar inquiry recently. After visiting Capistrano Ford (no great comfort level) and Saleen who told me that they can't do warranty work, I contacted Ken Grody Ford in Buena Park at the recomendation of a fellow San Juan Capistrano GT Owner. I had a minor oil leak so they sent a flat bed for my car on Monday, they called me at the end of the day on Monday to tell me that they had located the problem (a loose fitting) and it would be ready for me in the morning. They are having the same flatbed service bring it back to me tomorrow. So far so good!

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
THE1GT said:
I posted a similar inquiry recently. After visiting Capistrano Ford (no great comfort level) and Saleen who told me that they can't do warranty work, I contacted Ken Grody Ford in Buena Park at the recomendation of a fellow San Juan Capistrano GT Owner. I had a minor oil leak so they sent a flat bed for my car on Monday, they called me at the end of the day on Monday to tell me that they had located the problem (a loose fitting) and it would be ready for me in the morning. They are having the same flatbed service bring it back to me tomorrow. So far so good!

I was told that the owner of Grody is a GT guy and a racer so maybe he "gets it". Maybe we all get together, contact him and set up a multi car relationship with them?
As for Saleen, one of their techs told me that they can do repairs but the car must go through the dealer first.

KERRY P

GT Owner
Dec 31, 2005
YORBA LINDA CALIFORNIA
Burch Ford in La Habra, ask for Mike Hogan. Great service, understands the car.

jsalomon

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 20, 2006
Newport Beach, CA
SteveA said:
I was told that the owner of Grody is a GT guy and a racer so maybe he "gets it". Maybe we all get together, contact him and set up a multi car relationship with them?
As for Saleen, one of their techs told me that they can do repairs but the car must go through the dealer first.

I'd be interested in joining in for a multi car relationship, sign me up.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I'm interested too. Perhaps we can all drive over there in a month. And also drive as a group over to another option. Ask questions, get a comfort level.

California GT

GT Owner
Jul 24, 2006
San Juan Capistrano, CA
SteveA said:

I am a personel friend of Mr. Grody and have purchased many vehicles from him, including my GT. They are very professional and the service is impeccable. They also have a high performance division which deals with Ford GT's, Saleen Mustangs, etc. Eric Romanoff is the high performance manager, and yes Eric, along with Mr. Grody "get it". I would be more than happy to try and arrange for a group of us to meet at Mr. Grody's facility and meet the people that would be involved with working on our cars. Mr. Grody is a very genuine and sincere person and will go out of his way, personally, to make sure his customers are satisfied. Please let me know your thoughts.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
California GT - pm sent.

jsalomon

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 20, 2006
Newport Beach, CA
California GT said:
I am a personel friend of Mr. Grody and have purchased many vehicles from him, including my GT. They are very professional and the service is impeccable. They also have a high performance division which deals with Ford GT's, Saleen Mustangs, etc. Eric Romanoff is the high performance manager, and yes Eric, along with Mr. Grody "get it". I would be more than happy to try and arrange for a group of us to meet at Mr. Grody's facility and meet the people that would be involved with working on our cars. Mr. Grody is a very genuine and sincere person and will go out of his way, personally, to make sure his customers are satisfied. Please let me know your thoughts.

Sounds great! Let me know when and where and I will be there.

California GT

GT Owner
Jul 24, 2006
San Juan Capistrano, CA
I would like to hear from a few more owners prior to making contact. Please let me know if your interested, and I will set it up.

Hammer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 10, 2006
San Diego, CA
I'm interested. I live in North San Diego County, but the Ken Grody group in O.C. sounds good. Please let me know when and where.

Hammer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 10, 2006
San Diego, CA
Oops, I need to get myself listed as a GT owner, not spectator (06 Tungsten, all options). Sorry.