cimaxgt

GT Owner
Jun 7, 2007
what issues have been encountered at high miles

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
I was talking with someone recently who knows of a 46,000 mile GT - it's had two new clutches in that lifetime, but I understand it was profoundly abused.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Neil,
I'm sure the Damon Hill fgt car hire was pretty beat on.They must have had plenty of fixes.

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
We had a "shop car" that had been a high mileage test car. It had about 65,000 miles on it when engineering gave it to us to play with. It had been wrecked 3 times, and had several clutch's put in it. (due mainly to inept drivers)

We put a new clutch in it, fixed most of the body damage, put on a prototype Borla muffler and newer tires, and used it to give guests rides around the plant. It had a few rattles and squeaks, but it ran perfect. I know of a few "unofficial" acceleration contests between it and new GT's, and it never was beaten.

Sadly, when the Wixom GT shop was closed , the car was sent to DST, Ford's official junk yard, to be sent to the big GT heaven in the sky. There was a lot of damp eyes that day.:thumbsup

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Neil,
I'm sure the Damon Hill fgt car hire was pretty beat on.They must have had plenty of fixes.

That may have been the car I was referring to.... :wink