Any Coffee Drinkers Here?

H

HHGT

I agonized forever over the best cup of coffee, I have even posted asking for the best machine out there. I spent nearly $3000 for a state of the art Miele machine and it makes a decent cup. When I recently returned from the Emirates, I came to the conclusion that simple is best - they drink coffee all day and I was in heaven. So I picked up Green Yemenese Coffee beans and brought it home. I roast the beans in a skillet and ohh the aroma and then I grind and use a French Press. The best damned cup of coffee in the world.

I came across the following article and thought I would share it...

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/13/magazine/13Food-t-000.html

BTW, I gave Kingman a special chocolate, but I will let him comment.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
You miserable...Son....Of.....A..........:frown

Let's just say, they didn't squish all the fat out of that particular chocolate.

..........................and I though we were friends.:biggrin

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Sam, you roast your own beans at home? In a skillet? Cool. The aroma must be as intoxicating as freshly brewed cup of coffee.

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee for me.

H

HHGT

Many know me as a simple man.

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Many know me as a simple man.

Jeez Sam, I just blew my wine all over the keyboard!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Wait a minute, isn't it illegal to bring foodstuffs into the US?

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal

"DUTY FREE" Dr. Frank... DUTY FREE :)
I've been brain washed by the Europeans as they have put in my mind this, "American Coffee is $hit!" and why so big?
The cafe as we called it for months in China was espresso with 2 cubes of sugar.... most excellent.... the beans? Don't know
..but when in Italy for summers of 2008,2009, the same, "American coffee is $hit!" and why so big :)

yet here I sit with senseo coffee by Sara Lee (supporting my lil' sis) with same vanilla coffee mate :) I'm a sucker

Waxy

Feb 11, 2010
Calgary, AB, Canada
I agonized forever over the best cup of coffee, I have even posted asking for the best machine out there. I spent nearly $3000 for a state of the art Miele machine and it makes a decent cup. When I recently returned from the Emirates, I came to the conclusion that simple is best - they drink coffee all day and I was in heaven. So I picked up Green Yemenese Coffee beans and brought it home. I roast the beans in a skillet and ohh the aroma and then I grind and use a French Press. The best damned cup of coffee in the world.

I came across the following article and thought I would share it...

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/13/magazine/13Food-t-000.html

I don't post much, I'm merely a GT dreamer right now, but I just had to respond to this one.

I've never had Green Yemenese coffee, and I've never roasted my own beans, but I LOVE a good cup of coffee, it's one of my favourite little things in life. Imagining the aroma of those beans roasting and how good that cup of coffee was just opened up a whole new world for me. I have got to try this one day, and sooner than later.

Waxy

H

HHGT

Apparently not, as I brought back a suitcase of food goodies, 5 Lbs of which were green coffee beans. On a separate note and even more disturbing, on the Dubai - Atlanta leg returning home aboard Delta airlines, we had an incident that overshadows the issue of food through customs. A young lady 7 1/2 months pregnant, somehow went into labor delivering twins on the aircraft and getting us rerouted through Frankfurt Germany. The odd part, is that she knew half of the airplane were US individuals in the medical industry returning from the Dubai Medical Show and the rumor on the airplane was that she induced her own labor, albeit too soon as she wanted her kids to become US anchor babies. It took me 34 hours over 3 continents to get back home.

H

HHGT

I don't post much, I'm merely a GT dreamer right now, but I just had to respond to this one.

I've never had Green Yemenese coffee, and I've never roasted my own beans, but I LOVE a good cup of coffee, it's one of my favourite little things in life. Imagining the aroma of those beans roasting and how good that cup of coffee was just opened up a whole new world for me. I have got to try this one day, and sooner than later.

Waxy

Agreed... Nothing can can start my day better than a great cup of coffee and if I don't have it watch out, I'm a grouch all day.

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
As much as I drink coffee, I would have to get a second job to fund Sam's routine of G Y C

H

HHGT

as much as i drink coffee, i would have to get a second job to fund sam's routine of g y c

g y c ???

H

HHGT

I've received a few emails inquiring. Here's a link...
http://ourcoffeebarn.com/estore/product_info.php?products_id=134

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
g y c ???

Green Yemenese Coffee

I take it you haven't had your cuppa yet! You must've been out in the garage workin' on yer Beemer.