Another Public Thank you Shelby#18

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
Mr. Moderator was very generous to lend me a set of his track rims with R6's non-the-less on them for my track day up at Willow Springs..... I wanted them mostly for safety to stay out of the way and avoid any yahoos, yes I was out there with miatas, celicas, 350's etc..... and everyone wanted to pass the GT.... They did until I became comfortable with my knowledge of the track...... and then I let her shine :)

Thanks Rick.....

... but now I seriously need some rims for the mojave mile event...

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Gentlemen,

Rick is a very quiet guy and as such, a big percentage of our membership is unaware of how much he contributes to our fraternity. The first to help out, volunteer, moderate, loan expensive stuff, who knows what else, and always smiling. I'm a bit more vocal, Rick is very quiet, but his actions speak volumes. The GT community is lucky to have Moderator Shelby #18 in the mix. Let me second Tim and say thanks for all you do Rick.

Chip

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
I have first hand knowledge of Shelby #18s extreme generosity. He is truly a super guy and a big contributor to the GT family.

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
+1000000%

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Agree with everything said. Rick..... I miss your post. You need to get on here more! :)

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Yes, Rick is a gentleman's gentleman. A SUPER nice guy. I am very proud to have as a friend and we are lucky to have him and his widom on the Forum!!

H

HHGT

Rick is the inspiration behind all my forum genius. :thumbsup:thumbsup

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
Thank you for all for the kind words.

One of the reasons this forum is so successful is the willingness for members and vendors to help each other out. When I joined it was with this in mind, and again when I was asked to become a moderator. But overall I am just a small part of this community. Over the years I have made some good friends, and learned a lot. I will continue to help out to the best of my ability, and even though I don't post much I do read and visit the forum multiple times each day when I have internet access.

Tim, if by the time of the mile you don't have a set of rims, I just received some new skins for the ones you used and they are available if you need them.

All the best.....
Rick

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
dittos

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Rick is a rare breed with the unique qualities of people we admire. A wonderful son, husband, father, person, and the best friend of your best friends.