Another New Happy Owner

JJayB

GT Owner
Jan 7, 2007
Orange Park Acres, CA
Hi All,
I'm the new owner of Jeff's (youngceo) 05 Black /Silver. I've been lurking here for two years and looking for the right car for the last 8 months and found it 25 miles from my house. What a pleasure to deal with a real car guy who appreciates cars the way I do. If any of you are looking, this board is the best place to find your car. The good ones are here. I'll post some photos later.

This brings me to my question, The car has Bridgestone Scuderia tires and I'm wondering what tire pressures I should be running as it seems many have changed over from the Goodyears. I appreciate reading the post and mature civility that this forum shows to one another unlike banter of some other forums.

I plan on doing some track events as soon as I get the safety equipment (appreciate any input on what is best harness set up) it already has a fire system. I had been a long time porsche owner, driver, racer but I was done with the gouge, not that a FGT is cheap, it's not. Looking forward to joining the fraternity.

Jim

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
I run 32 psi in my Bridgestones. I am not an expert, but I have stayed in a Holiday Inn Express.

Congrats on the GT.

Best Regards,

H

HHGT

Welcome to the fold. You bought an awesome car from a great guy. BTW, I was in his car more than his Ex... Isn't that right Jeff?

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Looks like you have been a lurker here for 4 years! :)
You got a great car! Enjoy her....

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Welcome and enjoy!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I've run 35 psi which was OK but dropped it to 32 for the long trip to and from Rally V.

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
I run 32 also. It just feels right.

For safety equipment, check with Wally (cobrar1339), he'll hook you up with all the good stuff, and most of it is custom fitted and etched (GT40) for the GT. Sweet.

Oh, and welcome to the fold.

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
I run 32 psi front and rear also. I wish I could take it out for a ride now, but with the temperature at 8 degrees, snow all over, I wonder if spring will ever arrive!!! Welcome to the forum and enjoy the car and the new friends you'll be making!!

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Congratulations and welcome!!!

JJayB

GT Owner
Jan 7, 2007
Orange Park Acres, CA
Welcome to the fold. You bought an awesome car from a great guy. BTW, I was in his car more than his Ex... Isn't that right Jeff?

Thanks HHGT,

I didn't find any straw wrappers under the passenger seat, so I appreciate keeping the car pristine.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
You guys running 32 psi front and rear?