Another Heffner TT Put onto the Road Today....

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Well, today was another of those great days among some great GT Owners. Mid week I received some new TT tunes from Jason and we reserved the dyno for this morning with the intention of doing some final validations on Skyrex's TT which we had just completed. Skyrex made the 3-hour drive over in a one-way car rental, and off we went to the dyno. Monica and Terry (Apollo) also came along.... and to make a long story short, it was just a great morning among great people.

Also, the results weren't too shabby either....

I can just say that I'll bet the drive home was a lot more fun than the drive over.... and perhaps a little quicker too!!

THESE CARS ROCK!!!!

SkyRex.jpg

H

HHGT

Good Lord... 91 Octane?

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
Tom

Holy @$%$^%!!! 980 at the wheel, you'll break 200mph at Mojave even if there's a 25mph headwind, buddy!! Thinking about the acceleration makes my knees shake; I need to sit down..... I have the first dip on a ride in Mojave!!

GTED

FLY GT40

GT Owner
Jul 14, 2006
So. Ca.
Great job Kendell and congratulations Skyrex. What a system ford and Heffner.:thumbsup:cool:party:bow:slap:driving:

Nafod

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Wow. Very impressive. The A/F is near flat and the target.
Is the blip at 2.6 part of the profile?

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Good Lord... 91 Octane?
No way. Gotta be race gas. 100+ octane

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Wow, that's impressive Tom!!!! Can't wait to hear how you do at the mile!!!! Can't wait to hear how you enjoy just driving her around!!!! I can't wait to come and visit you!!!! :cheers

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
be careful Tom......that much power will poke your eye out :ack what kind of tires are you gonna run?

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Good Lord... 91 Octane?

Tom really wanted us to test/validate the higher octane tunes as he plans to run these while at the Mile Events. As such, the dyno graph above was a 100 Octane Tune at approx 20 lbs of boost.

From an "everyday" 91-Octane tune, Jason asked us to dial in about 18psi of boost and use his more conservative tune (less aggressive timing). Attached is the dyno of Tom's everyday (ho-hum) configuration.

Skyrex91Oct.jpg

Also, I'd really like to thank Jason as he has always made himself available on his Saturdays for quick chats and updates. Honestly, it is as if he is there at the dyno with us. The GT's always draw a small crowd when at the dyno and a couple of local BMW engine builders (and 1-mile competitors) stopped by last week when we were testing. They have done maintenance on a Heffner TT Lambo, and they were just so impressed that we could "just call" Jason. Anyway, thanks for the great support, Jason, and getting us the EXACT tunes to make these cars run like they do.

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
FWIW I am/was using 21 lbs. of boost for my pump gas setting (TT/SC setup). 26 lbs. is what I was using for C16 race fuel with it creeping up to 29 lbs. at the end of the Texas Mile runs. As most of you guys know my engine broke a couple of pistons and bent a valve after 20 or so 200+ mph runs with it set on 26 lbs.

So, with the above being said, a tune with 18 and 21 lbs. of boost you should be pretty safe on the stock motor.

Now it's time to whale on it and have fun.

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
Got a call from Kendall and he asked me if I saw this thread yet. Nope, I have been too busy DRIVING!!!!! :lol

Okay, I put 200 miles on yesterday and I am on pace for another 100 today. It is fun , but totally different. I mean it looks like my car, but that is where the similarities end. Everything is different in a great way. All I can say is that if you have ever considered TT you should do it. It changes things in such a positive incredible way that it is almost beyond describing. If anyone has any questions feel free to PM me and I will be glad to answer them.

I was talking with Kendall and his son about my goals for the TT. To start with I want to get at least ten 200+ mph runs on Mojave weekend. :biggrin I did this upgrade for one reason. Consistent 200+mph runs at mile events with minimal chance of hurting the car. I respect you guys who go real big, but I will be staying within the parameters of these two tunes, running them as hard as I can and smiling my a$$ off. :banana

Thanks again to Kendall and his son for all of their incredible work on my car. Their attention to details both big and small is always impressive and I can't say enough positive things about how fun they make the process. Thanks to Jason Heffner for the great kit, and the revised tunes that we needed to get the car just right. And thanks to my wife for understanding the things guys need. and I guess I have to wait at least a year before grumbling about any of her purchases. :lol

Well, this is too much writing. I am going back to driving. Mojave can not get here soon enough. :cheers

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Congratulations, Impressive. Any estimate on the engine life with that kind of BHP?

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
What's the ball park range to do this > $50K

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas

35-45k is a pretty good range. All depends on the extras you do at the time of install.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006

A tad less that $35,001 turn-key (install included). Warning: The sound is absolutely intoxicating.

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
A tad less that $35,001 turn-key (install included). Warning: The sound is absolutely intoxicating.

Did you do the clutch?

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Did you do the clutch?
Nah... we'll see if these guys turn into track junkies and start needing improved parts.:eek

Last edited:
H

HHGT

That $1 just put it over my budget.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
That $1 just put it over my budget.

IMO, CARB is a bigger problem than the $1! :thumbsdow

If the $1 is holding you up, I will send Kendall a check to cover the $1 and you can put your car under the knife right away. :biggrin

Last edited: