Another GT in accident

jdoc7

GT Owner #1872
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 7, 2007
Central, Illinois
Red GT, Braselton GA. Went through a white picket fence on a straight road. Might've gunned it and gone sideways on cold tires. Found out by calling BBS wheels today located in Braselton. Man said he thought it was a Miata until he got closer and it was a FORD GT. 2 older gentlemen?

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
These wrecked posts are getting kind of common. I'm starting to get the feeling like a tennis player that just needs to keep his ball in play without going for a "kill" shot, because the other guy is going to make a mistake if I just keep putting it back on his side of the court. In five years Pockets and I will be the only ones left standing on the court.

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
In five years Pockets and I will be the only ones left standing on the court.

AaaaaaaaaHHHHHHHH ...... The genius behind intuitive Pockets. :thumbsup

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Winter driving.

Gentlemen,

Probably because I am not used to driving something with this much horsepower, it is somewhat surprising to me how big the difference in traction is on cold days. I never gave it much thought before. Either the road was clean and dry with good traction, or it was wet, dirty, or icy and traction was poor. I didn't drive any differently here in Arizona during winter than I did during summer. Until I bought the GT. Now, even on the same clean, dry roads, temperature changes everything. On a summer day with temperature over 100° my GT will hook up in second gear and go. On a winter day with the temperature at 50°, hard acceleration in second gear is like driving on ball bearings. The same quick drive on your favorite road that was exhilarating last summer, might result in disaster on a cold day. Low temps = caution.

Chip

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Yes, and we have icing conditions and the roads and skys....

What is the old saying, there are brave pilots and old pilots but no old brave pilots.

Engage the brain :)

Cool Runnin'

GT Owner
Oct 6, 2005
Miami Beach
"...there are old pilots and there and bold pilots, but there ain't no old bold pilots..."

-- Tom Wolfe, The Right Stuff

kumar

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2007
Dallas
That sucks. :( People should be prohibited from driving their GT unless its over 50 degrees.

I just drove mine for the first time in a few weeks because it hit 54.

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
Being well aware as many have said here Cold Weather and High Performnace cars DO NOT MIX! Period! :thumbsdow I do not care how good your driving is.
All my babies are stored away until at Least 60*F and no sand and / or salt on the roads. The temp may be ok ay 60*F plus but with sand Still NO traction.:ack

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
Chip is correct.
Like 06FordGT my gal is taking her long nap until Spring.

A little Stabil Fuel and Battery tender (warm milk and the pacifier in GT terms) until Spring. :thumbsup

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
A little Stabil Fuel and Battery tender (warm milk and the pacifier in GT terms) until Spring. :thumbsup

I think Bony's gets warm milk year round...

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
I think Bony's gets warm milk year round...

:lol:lol:lol:lol

H

HHGT

Being well aware as many have said here Cold Weather and High Performnace cars DO NOT MIX! Period! :thumbsdow I do not care how good your driving is.
All my babies are stored away until at Least 60*F and no sand and / or salt on the roads. The temp may be ok ay 60*F plus but with sand Still NO traction.:ack

Why do they put sand & salt on roads???

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

:mad:mad:mad:bang:bang:bang:tongue:slap

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA

They put the sand on the road to make you feel like you're at the beach. The salt is for rimming the Margarita glass....again to give you that beachy feeling. It's all psychological.

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ
They put the sand on the road to make you feel like you're at the beach. The salt is for rimming the Margarita glass....again to give you that beachy feeling. It's all psychological.
This time of year I find myself lining the gap behind the front bumper of my Tahoe with Margarita glasses...waiting...for the perfect opportunity next to a plow truck. Once salted, drive home, pour, and serve. The glass is already chilled too :thumbsup

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
The morbid fascination with GT wrecks on this site is beyond me.

Personally, I could care less when a GT is wrecked. It's a piece of metal. If some guy wrecks his car and mine is now $46 more valuable on a 30-year basis, I'd much rather buddy still have his car. God forbid he dies (don't get me started on some of the ridiculously poor taste comments in the other ongoing GT driver death thread), who gives a shit about the car? Whether it's a KIA or a Veyron, the mere thought of hypothesizing on the value of the remaining cars in light of someones death beyond the wheel makes me want to vomit, at best.

There are a limited number of GT's out there. A huge number of the people that own them are on this site. Would I want to out somebody wrecking their car? Personally, no. This is like rubbernecking at train wreck pop stars. It's all fun and games until the lens is pointed at you.

Of course, I'm just cranky because me and Camilo were out until 4 in the morning and I'm paying for it today, but if I never saw another one of these threads, it'd be too soon.

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
The morbid fascination with GT wrecks on this site is beyond me.

Personally, I could care less when a GT is wrecked. It's a piece of metal. If some guy wrecks his car and mine is now $46 more valuable on a 30-year basis, I'd much rather buddy still have his car. God forbid he dies (don't get me started on some of the ridiculously poor taste comments in the other ongoing GT driver death thread), who gives a shit about the car? Whether it's a KIA or a Veyron, the mere thought of hypothesizing on the value of the remaining cars in light of someones death beyond the wheel makes me want to vomit, at best.

There are a limited number of GT's out there. A huge number of the people that own them are on this site. Would I want to out somebody wrecking their car? Personally, no. This is like rubbernecking at train wreck pop stars. It's all fun and games until the lens is pointed at you.

Of course, I'm just cranky because me and Camilo were out until 4 in the morning and I'm paying for it today, but if I never saw another one of these threads, it'd be too soon.

Ok!! If I wreck, I won't ever tell a soul... PROMISE!!!!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Ok!! If I wreck, I won't ever tell a soul... PROMISE!!!!

Hey Timmy, if you wreck your own car, post away :lol

Joehand1

Tungsten GT Owner
Sep 20, 2007
Hattiesburg, MS, USA
Dave, I am the Chief Anesthesiologist at the only Trauma Center in South Mississippi. I regularly write articles in the local newspaper on safety issues like driving while talking on cell phones, kids on four wheelers on public roads, drunk driving and other dumb stuff people do and get killed or badly hurt.

I see the result and take care of them all.

I can assure you that I could give a shit about the effect of some wreck on the value of my car.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I can assure you that I could give a shit about the effect of some wreck on the value of my car.

Wait, does this mean you do or don't care? The could vs. couldn't shit giving relationship has always been hard for me to decipher. :lol

p.s, you're a braver/tougher man than I for being in that line of work.