Another Friday, another "clean, unscheduled" status

biffom

GT Owner
Oct 9, 2005
Venice, CA
VPC a heads up.... The talking about it doesn't stop with the acquisition - at least not yet for me! Fortunately my other half has been out of the country (prior to the GT arriving) - she may be laboring under the impression that it's over...

Gruntled

GT Owner
Dec 11, 2005
biffom - :biggrin

My wife says she's going to get our doctor to give me a prescription to cure my GTitis.... The first prescription should be to relax my face muscles. I've got a huge smile right now !!!

kdmfnrk

GT Owner
Oct 24, 2005
I See All The People Who Ordered The Ford Gt But Every Time I Tryed To Order The Car The Way I Wanted It No One Would Take The Order I Dont Under Stand Why They Would Not Even Give Me A Chance It Was Just No

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
VPC said:
Well I'm excited now. I just got a call telling me my GTwill be serialized in Feb with production in April !!!! I really feel sorry for my wife who has to put up with me talking about this for so long!!!

Tell ya how I fixed that. Last week a few friends came over for a BBQ. I slipped my wife the keys and her and a friend went out for over an hour. Now she won't shut up about the car! :wink
As near as I can guess they had a bunch of men going nuts over them everytime the so muched as slowed down. LOL!

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Centerpunch is exactly dead on. I too have followed this car for a long long time and talked to numerous dealers across the country trying to order one the way I wanted. I share the sentiments of many the Macintosh stereo is ridiculously gaudy and I prefer the looks of the six spoke standard wheels. I know the weight savings and unsprung weight arguments...I like the wheels originally shown on the car as a concept/prototype. If I am to get one of these (which I now have a VIN) I wanted it my way.

At first (late 04, early 05) the dealers laughed. Oh BTW did I mention I would only pay MSRP? I kept watching the eBay "Reserve not Mets" and would call the dealership and usually talk to the owner or GM. Ordering/price decisions on the GT almost always end with them so cut out all the subordinate contacts and go right to the top. Most were very nice and if a meaningful dialogue developed I would somehow work in the recommendation the dealer view Centerpunch's website as it has vast amount of good GT information for BOTH buyers and sellers.

I finally found a President of a large "share of Nation" dealership who 'took me off the market' and offered me his current showroom unit (05 blue/white with full options) or the opportunity to order an 06 the way I wanted at window sticker. It is a long process and I empathize with what some of you guys are talking about (order time remorse) but from all the comments of the actual car owners as to the cars mystique and performance, I will wait! Mine should be a late March early April build, Tungsten.

The prices on the vehicle have fallen to MSRP levels and not all dealers with an 06 production slot have been notified. Ford is being careful not to oversubscribe total 06 production units as the August 31 stop date is a "hard" date and they do not want extra partially assembled cars on the line or extra production slots promised to dealers. So there are ordering opportunities still to be made. Just work the dream....

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
Centerpuch in if you have a VIN get the car. I unfortunately sit here another Friday another Clean/Unsch!!!! CRAP

All I can get from anyone is it will get VIN'ed when it gets VIN'ed....

Matt

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
Centerpunch

Just a thought on the "no options".

I bought a full optioned white with blue. I could DEFINITELY live without the center speaker. The wheels are a toss up and think you have a good idea to buy them and have the spares. I do like the style of the upgrades more than the stock. I think the basic calipers would be fine.

I also wanted a no stripe. I was looking for a white amd found one on eBay (of course). The dealer turned down my offer, then called me after the auction to say OK (but, I had found the striped one already at a local dealer and was on my way to buy it when he called - Opps - sometimes you need to make the deal when the opportunity is there). All of my friends said buy the stipe, but I was unconvinced until I saw it with the blue and then it was a no brainer for me. Love at first sight.

I have to tell you, I am so glad I bought the stripe. Couple of reasons. First is that it does give some character to the car more that still invokes more of the heritage. It also helps take away some of the impact of just having the two big cooling vents on the hood - makes it all blend better. And I do admit, they do a very nice job doing them. But I think the biggest difference is that it sets it apart even more from the "other" supecars. When is the last time you saw a Ferrari or Lambo with a stripe. It is part of the "whole package" that makes the car what it is. When you see it coming, you definitely see it coming. This is not a car you are ever going to be incognito with, so why hide? It is also not about restrained luxuary and class - it is an in your face kick your ass car (sorry - hope I can say that) that is a thrill. Personally, I would have regretted the no stripe. Now the side stripe is another issue - if it just said GT, I think that would be fine, but Ford GT is a little over kill. Even though that is also on mine, I could very much live without it (but will leave it there because that is how it came).

Anyway, just an opinion. Obviously there are others who also prefer the no stripe, and you will be happy with either. Whatever you do, buy it. It is the car of a lifetime.

By the way. I like your site and was looking at it before I bought mine. Hope you keep up with the production info and other stuff. Eventually it would be nice to hve some kind of final tally of number, colors, etc.

Last edited:

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
yea, centerpunch, I was wondering when the update was going to happen..and maybe hammer those fake bidders on eaby...several of them (we know who they are) are still putting in LARGE fake bids and not buying anything...

Gruntled

GT Owner
Dec 11, 2005
This Friday (2/10) brought news from my dealer that my car now has a partial VIN :banana

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
:thumbsup

Looks like a construction site. One guy workin', six guys watching. :lol

I don't think I could stand to wait.

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
Centerpunch,

Sounds like while you were in the delivery room you got a little bit more attached!! You sure have some will power, I'll say, because once I got that close to my car, it would be in for a dime, in for a dollar!!! Good luck, please keep us posted. And thanks for the pics!!!

RickM

GT Owner
Oct 15, 2005
Boise, ID
Is it me, or is Ford really starting to crank out the GT's?
06 production has been going for 3 months (Nov/Dec/Jan), and they are up to VIN#813 (Centerpunch's car). With 7 months to go, it seems like 2006 production could be in 2500-3000 range!
Thoughts?

K-P Garage

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Longwood, Florida
production rate

I don't know what the rate of production is but we have #0958 ordered and it is set for 3/20/06 production date on the DORA with Ford. I do not know what that means with the Saleen folks.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
centerpunch said:
9 cars a day, about 180 a month, times six more months, equals 1080 more cars. Seems like 2000-2100 cars for each model year will be about right.

congrats on your car, wish I was there to see my car go down the line :biggrin