Annoying Rattle!! HELP!!

griffbl

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 8, 2006
Dallas, TX
Guys-

I have a VERY annoying rattle that sounds as if it is coming from the right quarter panel, or right side of the dash area.....i thought it the same as something that happened before, but one of you guys told me to check the hood latch (I think) and that cleared it up....I checked it again, and it seems secure, along with the passenger side door, fuel filler cap et. The seat belt is not banging against the door....

Any help MUCH appreciated.

Cheers and Happy New Year to ALL!

Griffbl

H

HHGT

Is it only noticeable at certain RPM? If it is, there is a very old post on this which discusses using foam tube padding around the copper lines at the passenger footwell behind the fuse panel door.

SFLGT

Dec 29, 2007
FtLauderdale,Florida
Do you hear it only with the a/c on?

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Guys-

I have a VERY annoying rattle that sounds as if it is coming from the right quarter panel, or right side of the dash area.....i thought it the same as something that happened before, but one of you guys told me to check the hood latch (I think) and that cleared it up....I checked it again, and it seems secure, along with the passenger side door, fuel filler cap et. The seat belt is not banging against the door....

Any help MUCH appreciated.

Cheers and Happy New Year to ALL!

Griffbl

My Hertigae car has the same rattle. My son found it, although we haven't fixed it yet. He found a lose nut, and/or clip of some kind under the passenger dashboard area above the footwell. He reached up and found a lose metal object. I've asked him to secure it, but he hasn't yet. I'll have him post any other specifics.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Griff, do a search for rattlesnake noise. Fuel line behind passenger firewall needs to be secured.

sawb

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2006
check moulding on bottom of windshield,mine came loose

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
My lower windshield molding came loose also.. Reattached with a small amount of clear silcone caulking put into the 'c' channel and then pushed back onto the lower edge of the glass.
AJB

griffbl

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 8, 2006
Dallas, TX
rattle update #1

THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE HELP GUYS!! (ESPECIALLY AJB AND SAWB!!!) LOWER WINDSHIELD MOLDING HAD ACTUALLY COME OFF COMPLETELY ACROSS HALF THE WINDSHIELD!!!!! FEEL SURE THIS MUST BE IT....WILL SILICONE IT UP AND BE ON MY WAY!!!! Happy New Year, and THANK YOU for the help!

Last edited:

jamie

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 23, 2005
Virginia
I would check by the firewall also I had the same noise and read a post on the board that it was the aluminum lines running by the firewall on the passenge side. Open the engine cover and look right behind the passenger seat in the engine bay and you will see them, I just took a couple of black zip ties and that fixed the problem.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Welcome...glad we could help.
AJB