American Supercars

Sleeper

May 11, 2006
Saint Louis
Dont miss the Travel Channel program featuring the Ford GT and Dodge Viper, at 4:00 PM ET today!

TD

Tungsten

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 22, 2006
Atlanta
Thanks

:thumbsup Saw your message at 3:58...TIVO
Don

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
Cool show about my two favorite cars on the planet.

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
White Petunia said:
I would have liked to see how the guy with the black kit car got in/out of his car in his garage.

centerpunch was right about the driver selection at the drag strip.

It was nice to see another show on the GT :thumbsup

Vince,

He was suprisingly agile in what looked to be a rather tight garage. Must have had a lot of practice.

I know there's a lot of work and pride in those type cars, I just can't get into them, the kit designation kills it for me. And I know there are fine manufacturers and great high end examples of these, just doesn't do it for me. Maybe a Kirkham, I dunno. Too many others that tempt me long before they do.

Yeah, the drivers were not terribly skilled, more swagger than ability. They generally improved on each run but . . .

Bart Carter

GT Owner
Mar 12, 2006
Las Vegas
It's such a shame. Roaring Forties went under. Hundreds of thousands of dollars of people's deposits were lost. More important than that, their dreams were lost.

I did a lot of looking at all the available kits. There were possibilities out there, but none could match the Ford GT in areas I thought were important: Large manufacturer behind the car, latest engineering, the updated looks (personal), the aero development to make a car stable at 200 MPH speeds, available service, roadability, and more.