American Supercars on Travel Channel Tonight

American Supercars will air on the Travel Channel tonight (8/20) at 7pm Eastern time. Features the Ford GT and Dodge Viper. Does anyone know if they have a DVD out for this yet? I just ordered another DVD off the Discovery Channel titled "Rebuilding a Race Car Legend: Ford GT"

Ripper 02

Permanent Vacation
Aug 16, 2006
Texas
Thanks MCM... Great Show , I will catch it again...

The dvd you purchased is a very good one... Tons of R & D in that one..

:cheers

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
THE GT WON AGAIN!!! 2 MORE TIMES IT WILL MATCH LEMANS, TEE HEE :thumbsup GTJOEY 1314

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
Motor City Madman said:
American Supercars will air on the Travel Channel tonight (8/20) at 7pm Eastern time. Features the Ford GT and Dodge Viper. Does anyone know if they have a DVD out for this yet? I just ordered another DVD off the Discovery Channel titled "Rebuilding a Race Car Legend: Ford GT"
Programming change - super trucks instead.

ACRJoe said:
Programming change - super trucks instead.
Son of a gun anyways. My online guide said American Supercars was supposed to be on at 7 pm eastern time. Instead it was on at 5 pm and I missed the first half. The Viper vs. Ford GT drag racing was embarassing though. Should have got some more experienced drivers out there on both sides. The Ford GT should win with all the performance specs I've seen, but the times should have been a lot better. I think the show is on again at 2 am. But if my guide if f'ed up again that may well mean 12 am.

jasper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 17, 2006
australia/ 51st state
question; when the 3 cars are driven towards the stage, parked on the side

of the road is a white car, is it a gt???

jasper said:
question; when the 3 cars are driven towards the stage, parked on the side

of the road is a white car, is it a gt???
Hmmmmm, I remember seeing the 3 cars but not a white one off to the side. I was actually there in person when they rolled those first 3 cars out. It was at the Ford 100th anniversary celebration in Dearborn. Just before the Beyonce Knowles concert on that stage. I was also lucky enough to be at the Detroit auto show when they first unveiled the Ford GT to the media and public. I think that footage was on the show too when they rolled the yellow one out. And I remember the whole croud yelling, "build it, build it!!!!!"

g-force

Jul 11, 2006
NY
Motor City Madman said:

Is that the one showing all the planning and work going in to the build of the Ford GT? I saw that one. I think Kip Ewing does a lot of narrating on that show.

It is a real good show.

jasper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 17, 2006
australia/ 51st state
just wen't and rewatched it, definently a white/blue parked on the road.

dave,paul or joey help us out?

jasper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 17, 2006
australia/ 51st state
centerpunch;
at the centenial as the 3 gt's are driven towards the stage you can see a white/blue parked on the side of the road. :confused

ps it's registered.