Amelia Island Concours 2013

campgreenlake

GT Owner
Sep 10, 2007
Florida
Since the Ford GT40 will be one of the feature Marquis at the 2013 Amelia Island Concours, might I suggest that this could be an event around which the Ford GT Forum membership could coalesce? Surely someone in this astute group has the horsepower to convince the Concours organizers that it would be appropriate for FGT attendees to have a dedicated parking/display area. Any interest?
RB

http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2012/10/05/gt40-that-won-le-mans-twice-to-appear-with-the-11-million-gt40-at-amelia-island/?refer=news[/url]

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
"Linky no worky" as someone once said around here...

Maybe this will:

http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/...-11-million-gt40-at-amelia-island/?refer=news

Aaaaaaah...it seems to...at least for me. :thumbsup :cheers

campgreenlake

GT Owner
Sep 10, 2007
Florida
Both work for me but I like yours better because it is shorter. Always better to keep it simple.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Would be fun. I didn't know that was a featured group this year.
I am friend's with the Concours' founder and director - of course he happens to be a GT owner and a great guy !

stumeat

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2010
Georgia
That would be awesome. I am in. Willing to help.

campgreenlake

GT Owner
Sep 10, 2007
Florida
Any further interest in using this as an excuse for a gathering of the Ford GT clan? http://www.ameliaconcours.org/

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Any further interest in using this as an excuse for a gathering of the Ford GT clan? http://www.ameliaconcours.org/

Heck yes.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
For sure - a get together would be fun.
I will have a car in the show so will be around all 3-4 days.
As I live only about 45 min from Amelia, I could possibly host a small event (for subscribing members) at my shop (though the weekend will be pretty full of activities)

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
I will be there on Sunday, only. Five hour drive from Venice, Florida, but I haven't missed the event in three years. Although I saw your beautiful Caddy last year, JAX, and asked for you, we never crossed paths.

Howard

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
That would be a great event/excuse for a get together. I would be likely to come over for the weekend.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
I will be there on Sunday, only. Five hour drive from Venice, Florida, but I haven't missed the event in three years. Although I saw your beautiful Caddy last year, JAX, and asked for you, we never crossed paths.

Howard

Sorry I missed you. I will have a 1959 Mercedes in this year's show, so please come by.

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Amazing show. Jax Caddy is awesome. I hope to make it back this year.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Amazing show. Jax Caddy is awesome. I hope to make it back this year.

Thanks - We have something different on the lawn this year.

Last edited:

mymach5

GT Owner
Nov 18, 2007
Melbourne, Florida
when and where?

jackj45

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 2, 2008
Charlotte
I know the Ritz is full...have a home in Hilton Head I could drive the GT there for the day or overnight; is there a recommendaton on safe parking there or in the evening?

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
What are the dates? I might be able to come up.

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
Special events March 8 and 9. Concours on Sunday, the 10th. Their web site will have all the info. Hope we can all get together.

Howard

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Alrighty...what's the plan?

stumeat

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2010
Georgia
I'm in. Stay tuned!

Jim

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 17, 2006
Michigan
I plan to go but taking the Mustang instead of the GT. Should be great.