Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Lots of stuff breaking at the start. :willy

conundrum

GT Owner
Feb 7, 2007
Kentucky
12 Hours of Sebring has me psyched....

Break in TV coverage between 11:30 and 2:30. Only 34 degrees but sunny. Tires won't get warm ...but juices are flowing...how can I not take the GT out for a quick spin? What to do, what to do? New England crowd is snowbound in the garage. ...

I'm going to do it for my snowbound comrades. This owner is taking a red and white GT on the road.

usmcfred

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2006
Massachusetts
I envy you as we sit here in MA snowbound and frozen.

As for your taking a "spin" in your KY GT, I know you didn't mean that literally, however remember ... Goodyear warns that adhesion with their F1 tires is poor on road surfaces below 40 degrees F.

Have fun but be careful. We in the northeast will be joining you in a few more weeks when the ice and sand are gone. usmcfred

Cobraman

GT Owner
Feb 20, 2006
...other than the three hour break to bring us up to speed on NASCAR, during some of the better parts of the Sebring race, I enjoyed the event. Great racing clear up to the last corner of the last lap. Can't ask for anything better than that. (For a minute there I was worried that we were going to be interrupted to hear about another NASCAR upcoming event). John

conundrum

GT Owner
Feb 7, 2007
Kentucky
...other than the three hour break to bring us up to speed on NASCAR, during some of the better parts of the Sebring race, I enjoyed the event. Great racing clear up to the last corner of the last lap. Can't ask for anything better than that. (For a minute there I was worried that we were going to be interrupted to hear about another NASCAR upcoming event). John

I'm with you Cobraman. Endurance racing is great stuff. Multiple classes. Time to make major repairs and get back in the race and win. Night stints. Nothing like endurance racing.

Cobraman

GT Owner
Feb 20, 2006
I'm with you Cobraman. Endurance racing is great stuff. Multiple classes. Time to make major repairs and get back in the race and win. Night stints. Nothing like endurance racing.

conundrum Hey, since you're in Kentucky, are you allowed to like endurance racing? :biggrin Every year I look forward to the ALMS series, as well as the televise taped delays of the European FIA GT3 Championship. Nothing like sports cars! Glad to see that a Ford GT might be involved this year. I'm going to miss the MC12 and Aston's in ALMS this year, but at least they can be seen in Europe. With the last lap between the Flying Lizard car and the Risi Ferrari, I liked the way the announcers said, "Oh, and by the way, the Audi car just won the race..." John

conundrum

GT Owner
Feb 7, 2007
Kentucky
conundrum Hey, since you're in Kentucky, are you allowed to like endurance racing? :biggrin Every year I look forward to the ALMS series, as well as the televise taped delays of the European FIA GT3 Championship. Nothing like sports cars! Glad to see that a Ford GT might be involved this year. I'm going to miss the MC12 and Aston's in ALMS this year, but at least they can be seen in Europe. With the last lap between the Flying Lizard car and the Risi Ferrari, I liked the way the announcers said, "Oh, and by the way, the Audi car just won the race..." John

Yes sir, looking forward to June and THE 24 HOURS if you know what I mean.What a great race. I'll watch every minute of coverage. Thank you Speed Channel.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
$%&^$%%#( Cable system..... All the Speed Channel had in North Carolina was NASCAR from the cold Northern area of Atlanta!