Jul 6, 2006
Chicago, Il
msrp?

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
All - For what it is worth, I purchased my GT from Eric and the fine people at Sawtooth Auto Sales. I have the highest professional respect for the way I was treated in every single detail of the transaction. I would not hesitate one nano-second to purchase a vehicle from them again.

FrankBarba

Permanent Vacation
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 16, 2005
Harrisburg, PA
Not @ 15K over MSRP.

dgussin1

Jul 6, 2006
Chicago, Il
$15K over MSRP. The allocation has been accepted but changes can still be made, basically a custom order.

How much did you pay for your 07 Shelby?

msrp.

prmoldoaks

GT Owner
Jul 31, 2006
These cars will be selling at under MSRP soon, just wait guys dont get caught out like some did with GT (me included)

$15K over is legal robery

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
$15K on a $150K car is bad enough. $15K on a $45K car is insanity. Can you imagine the looks on the faces of the guys that want to trade it in next year, and they get less than a $35K trade in value!:lol

H

HHGT

It took one year for the C5 Z06 and C6 Z06 hoopla to calm down. In 2004, I purchased a new Z06 for $500 below invoice. The new Z06 can be had for under MSRP if you know where to go.

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
It took one year for the C5 Z06 and C6 Z06 hoopla to calm down. In 2004, I purchased a new Z06 for $500 below invoice. The new Z06 can be had for under MSRP if you know where to go.

I dont know what invoice was, but I got my 04 Z for over $7K off MSRP.:biggrin

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
There seem to be several Ford web sites that help folks find these cars at msrp. I hate it when dealers troll in here to fish and the bas-turds would never think of buying a banner ad. Coal in their stockings....:confused :thumbsdow :confused

snaproll

GT Owner
Dec 3, 2006
Naples, FL
You guys are pretty harsh. If someone is willing to pay it, then they're willing to pay it.

Now, why anyone would pay that kind of money for a 4,000 pig is beyond me, but hey, I don't count.

twk63

Apr 29, 2006
You would have to be a complete idiot to pay over MSRP on a Shelby GT500.

Ford is building at least 9,000 a year.

This dealer makes it sound like he is doing you a favor charging you 15K over. I hope he chokes on his car.

Bill Oxley

GT Owner
Jun 15, 2006
Denver area
Seems like I have read, and re-read this many times.

The NZ, the F360, the F430, the ZO6, the new Z06, the Ford GT, the Mustang GT, the Shelby GT, and so on.

If you want to be the first on the block, what the heck is the difference, but if you want a good buy, like most said here, wait, they will come down.

Just what I think, but I'm impulsive!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Personally I have no issues with private car sales, but to have dealers troll on this site sucks canal water. DBK, you need to ban dealer ads, they bring nothing to the table. bah humbug:bs :thumbsdow :confused

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
After that response I'm adding him to my ignore list.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Bony,

Why does it matter if it’s a dealer or private party? I think you need to go back and review the previous posts in this thread, specifically “All - For what it is worth, I purchased my GT from Eric and the fine people at Sawtooth Auto Sales. I have the highest professional respect for the way I was treated in every single detail of the transaction. I would not hesitate one nano-second to purchase a vehicle from them again.” Not only did I help one of the Board of Directors of this site build/purchase their dream car, we sold it at a price that was fair to both parties (below MSRP).

I have had several side bar conversations with forum members and all of them have been positive. In fact, after selling the allocation on the GT I was encourage by forum members to post our allocation on the Shelby.

I’m still trying to figure out what you are bringing to the table.

WOW, WELL LET ME EXPLAIN IT TO YOU VERY SLOWLY. I HATE BOTTOM FEEDERS, PEOPLE THAT WANT A FREE RIDE, THAT BRING NOTHING TO THE TABLE. YOU WILL NOTICE THAT SOME OF US DECIDED TO SUPPORT THIS SITE. TAKE IT LOOK WHAT IT COST TO BE A SOCALLED MEMBER OF THE BOARD, IT IS $500. WE ARE HERE TO ENJOY OUR GT'S AND THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE OTHER OWNERS. IN OTHERWORDS FOR OUR PLEASURE.

WHAT DOES IT SAY UNDER YOUR NAME, I THINK SPECTATOR, BUT IT SHOULD SAY 'BLOOD SUCKING CAR DEALER'. YOU ARE HERE TO GET A FREE RIDE AND SELL STUFF. IN OTHERWORDS FOR YOUR BUSINESS.

SADLY THE OWNER OF THIS SITE IS ALLOWING THAT TO HAPPEN, IT ANNOYS ME OBVIOUSLY. ON MOST SITES MEMBERS CAN SELL ITEMS TO OTHER MEMBERS BUT COMMERCIAL TRADE IF FORBIDDEN UNLESS THE SELLER BUY A BANNER AD. I WELCOME YOU TO BUY A BANNER AD SUPPORT THIS SITE.
OTHERWISE, I THINK YOU AND OTHER DEALERS SHOULD BE BANNED AND YOUR POSTS DELETED.

MEANWHILE, WHY DON'T YOU CALL UP ROAD & TRACK, AUTOWEEK, AND YOUR LOCAL NEWSPAPER AND TELEVISION STATION AND ASK THEM TO RUN FREE ADVERTISEMENTS FOR YOU.

AS A SPECTATOR, NOT A REAL MEMBER OF THIS GROUP I COULD CARELESS WHAT YOU THINK OR NOT.

STOP, TAKE A DEEP BREATH, REREAD THIS POST AS MANY TIMES AS NEEDED TILL YOU GET IT.

red gt 1442

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 23, 2005
NY Metro Area
Amen.....I second that thought........ty Bony, I dont think I could of said it better myself.

red gt 1442

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 23, 2005
NY Metro Area
I’m never one to get in a pissing match, but I just can’t resist. It’s rather amusing that you could write, “AS A SPECTATOR, NOT A REAL MEMBER OF THIS GROUP I COULD CARELESS WHAT YOU THINK OR NOT.” in bold red lettering. I can’t help but notice that with 3000+ posts to your name, I think that you are spending way too much time behind the monitor. Perhaps you should release some of this tension by driving your GT rather than just posting about it.

I am never one to get into a pissing match,(either) but I also think you have missed what Bony was trying to convey to you, as plainly as he wrote it.

1. It takes money and someone's time to make this site be able to exhist.

2. If you feel you need to post here, as a spectator, and being a business, then probably buying some ad space would surely not hurt your cause, because after all it's about your bottom line, the reason you even post here.

3. As Chris said, 15k on a 165K car was bad enough, to put that same amount on a 43,765.00 car, might be a bit much. Although it might be Market driven right now, I for one would never buy again from that Dealer, if I was foolish enough to pay that mark up.

4. There are some FORD Dealers out there, that would sell for list, and happy to, because the returning customer, in the long run will spend much more over time, than that quick 15k that put's a real bad taste in an individuals mouth. I for one, have found that, and you know what? since my GT purchase, I have purchased 3 more vehicles, and I recommend anyone buying a Ford product, to that same dealer. My Shelby, which BTW was delivered to me in Sept. was at list.....

If you are a reasonable individual, you will find that these points are valid, and although I might not blame you for getting as much as you can, while you can,( is it the American way?) it's not ethical to some, and in reality you guys are shooting yourself in the foot.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id

SADLY THE OWNER OF THIS SITE IS ALLOWING THAT TO HAPPEN, IT ANNOYS ME OBVIOUSLY.

I think the owner of this site is driving accross country in a overheating 67' Mustang, threw one of the nastiest snow storms to hit the mid west while an uncomfortable pissed-off artist sits shot-gun and blames him for not shipping the damn thing!
If this were not true there would be hell to pay for this thread!

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
If the Shelby 500 is so hot!

If the Shelby 500 is so hot why try to sell it on this Forum? I'm a dealer and I don't have to get on this Forum to sell my merchandise. :ack Tomy Hamon Dealer-Texas :thumbsup

Status
Not open for further replies.