Air Conditioning

06gt1858

GT Owner
Jan 29, 2007
Lodi Ca.
Today was a great day to take the Gt for a test spin with the air on,(80 degress) well to say the least , I was suprised to be sitting in the car hearing what I can only exspain as being in a roon full of pipes with all kinds of fluid noises, growling , fluid sounds , rattles ect... At 100 miles I would like to ask does this go away or do I need to turn up the volume on ZZtop ? Lets face it it a race car !!! :rofl :rofl :cheers I still have a smile on my face no matter what:thumbsup

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
My '06 does the same thing. Turn up the volume on the radio.

Aug 25, 2006
Today was a great day to take the Gt for a test spin with the air on,(80 degress) well to say the least , I was suprised to be sitting in the car hearing what I can only exspain as being in a roon full of pipes with all kinds of fluid noises, growling , fluid sounds , rattles ect... At 100 miles I would like to ask does this go away or do I need to turn up the volume on ZZtop ? Lets face it it a race car !!! :rofl :rofl :cheers I still have a smile on my face no matter what:thumbsup

It is all part of the GT experience.........

Furthermore most race cars no not have A/C so we are blessed.

Shadowman

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Mine was too quiet. I dropped the muffler in the garage and now have Accufab straight pipes. Roll the windows down, romp on it, enjoy the sound, then look at your speedo.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Mine was too quiet. I dropped the muffler in the garage and now have Accufab straight pipes. Roll the windows down, romp on it, enjoy the sound, then look at your speedo.

Never, never look at the speedo! That way, when they ask you "Sir, do you know what I pulled you over for?" You can answer with a straight face and a clear conscience.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id

Mine as well is very quite. The only A/C noise is what the A/C blower and air vents make.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Mine as well is very quite. The only A/C noise is what the A/C blower and air vents make.

Ditto Steve's comment.
I'm surprised your car has all that going on, 1858.
You might be wise to take it in and have it checked out.:shrug

06gt1858

GT Owner
Jan 29, 2007
Lodi Ca.
Sound Like a split decsision !!! LOL

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
My A/C runs silently. Go have it checked. It shouldn't be gurgling.

As to "Sir, do you know what speed you were doing back there?" I'd say "it felt like about 40mph!".... :biggrin

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
When my fan speed is set in the high to full range, I get a lot of fan noise. Almost sounds like a damper is closed in the system somewhere or there is a lot of turbulance / air flow issues in the system. I did take it in for that complaint, and the service guys talked to Ford Tech and were told that it is normal. I don't think so, but ............... :bs

So you guys are saying yours is normal noise only at full speed?

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
When my fan speed is set in the high to full range, I get a lot of fan noise. Almost sounds like a damper is closed in the system somewhere or there is a lot of turbulance / air flow issues in the system. I did take it in for that complaint, and the service guys talked to Ford Tech and were told that it is normal. I don't think so, but ............... :bs

So you guys are saying yours is normal noise only at full speed?

No, at max fan speeds mine does have a reasonable amount of blower noise (small cabin and only a few exit points not helping IMO) but the so does to a lesser amount my other cars including my Jag.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
No, at max fan speeds mine does have a reasonable amount of blower noise (small cabin and only a few exit points not helping IMO) but the so does to a lesser amount my other cars including my Jag.

Yes, on high the blower/air noise is high. The good news is that the a/c works great, plenty of output and I only need the high setting when I first get into the car and it is hot. At lower speed the noise is not any worst than my other cars.