Air Box Heat shield

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Has anyone thought of using that self adhesive gold reflective heat shielding material on the air box? It is very flexible and has very hight reflective proreties. I was at a local race shop and they had this stuff all over the air box and the runner to the intake plenum. I have seen pictures of this type of product on many other cars as well. I saw this stuff for sale a while back, I'll try to find it but I've been real busy working on the new GT getting it road ready. Maybe some of you retired guys can do and extensive search and report back. Jegs, Summit racing ?? Got to get back to work....

Tungsten

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 22, 2006
Atlanta
Air Box Coating

I have some on mine and cannot see any difference in operating temps. When they installed my Kinetics exhaust they also put the heat reflective material on the airbox.
Don

Red Rocket

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2006
Pacific North West
Tungsten, on the other thread they were using the heat shield to protect the air box. Apparently heat damage to the air box is an issue after you put a lot of miles on the car. Personally I like the idea of the gold foil! Good call.

css 290

GT Owner
Sep 6, 2006
Mobile, Alabama
heat shield foil

Could not find the gold but did find what must be silver at Summit--made by Dyatech I believe--2,000 degree reflection. Anyone know where or what the gold stuff is?