Air Bag Recall Pics and Info

Billy J.

GT Owner
Oct 29, 2014
Guys, I just wanted to post a couple of pics and let you know that I had a very good and comfortable experience having my Drivers Side recall taken care of this week. I was amazed how simple a quick the process was. My dealer was very supportive to allow me to have total control of my car, meaning that no one needed to drive the car into shop area as he allowed me to do that and stay with car as the tech did the job in 20 minutes... Yes, many people wanted to take photos and get a close look which was fun but they respected me and stayed their distance, etc, etc...I know many of us have had concerns but it truly was no big deal. I don't know about the passenger side replacement which could be a different approach. My car only has the recall for the drivers side thus far anyway...I'm attaching 3 pics....Hope this helps in someway....

Bill

Attachments

• recall 2.JPG
    recall 2.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 348
  • recall 1.JPG
    recall 1.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 344
  • recall 3.JPG
    recall 3.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 343

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Thank you for sharing

jbyrnes

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 13, 2006
Louisville CO
Did you see any corrosion on the old module? Where has your car lived ?

Billy J.

GT Owner
Oct 29, 2014
Did you see any corrosion on the old module? Where has your car lived ?

Car has been in Colorado and there was no corrosion...Please keep in mind that car has been in Storage all its life and only has 230 miles on it...
I suggest to have it done as it is quick and very easy for tech...

Bill

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
Thanks for sharing Bill. I am going to have both of mine done. Going to call the dealer and have 'em do it in my garage...

andymlow

GT Owner
May 17, 2007
Sarasota, FL
was it just the an internal module that got replaced or did the entire piece including the fading center emblem get replaced?

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
was it just the an internal module that got replaced or did the entire piece including the fading center emblem get replaced?

It's just the inflator canister. The exterior cover does not get replaced.

Maybe you can have the dealer replace the canister and then send the cover to Shelby for repair.

Billy J.

GT Owner
Oct 29, 2014
Yes, Tony is right just the canister...

Bill

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Bill,

Thanks for giving back to our Forum membership by posting up your pictures of the canister replacement. This is what makes membership to this Fourm so unique as owners are always willing to help out others. You experienced this early on with your questions on your axle bolts. Others having been through this issue jumped in to help.

Thanks for quickly jumping into our Forum and giving back with your experiences!:thumbsup

Hope you plan to attend one of our rallies to meet our owners!!

jbyrnes

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 13, 2006
Louisville CO
What dealer did you go to (I'm in the Denver area)?

Billy J.

GT Owner
Oct 29, 2014
I purchased the car last year from the original owner who lived in the Denver area. I live in Utah so I had the work done here last week...As you can see from my pics there was no corrosion....

Bill

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Had mine replaced yesterday, in my garage. I DID have some corrosion.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425742674.512280.jpg

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
Great info guys. I hope to get mine done at Galpin in the next few weeks.