Adios!!

Big Carrot

GT Owner
May 13, 2006
Dallas
Welp, I'm just about to take my GT out of the garage to load it onto a truck. I listed it with Cats Exotics, and they sold it for what I paid for it in three hours! Money was wired a day or two after. I really LOVED that car, and I may have to have another one at some point in the future! For now, I'm looking for a nice 360CS if any of you know of one. I've always liked that car, and I've never had a Ferrari, so I thought I'd try one out. Miiiight do a 430, but I'm pretty convinced that the Stradale is what I want.

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
The Stradale and 430 are both awesome. Dynamically, I'd put them right up with the GT. Then I add the exterior looks and history of the GT and it wins. But those last two are highly personal and not as important to everyone.

Have fun with whichever one you get -- not that you'll have any choice in the matter. Fabulous cars! :thumbsup

Big Carrot

GT Owner
May 13, 2006
Dallas
The Stradale and 430 are both awesome. Dynamically, I'd put them right up with the GT. Then I add the exterior looks and history of the GT and it wins. But those last two are highly personal and not as important to everyone.

Have fun with whichever one you get -- not that you'll have any choice in the matter. Fabulous cars! :thumbsup

Thanks, man! I'm sorta the other way around. I think the Ferraris look better, but the performance with be miles away! I've just never been a big fan of any of the modern retro cars in the looks department for some reason. It really IS a matter of personal preference though. I REALLY enjoyed the GT while I owned it.... more so than any car I've ever driven. Just thought I would try something different for a few months.

glord

GT Owner
Mar 25, 2006
Los Gatos California
Cats

Glad to hear you had a good experience with Cats. I'm probably selling as well and I was thinking of contacting them.

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
Sold my 360CS to buy my Heritage and never looked back, not even a split second of regret, ever.

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
That's awesome you got what you paid for it!:thumbsup
I am also going to start looking for a Stradale, but will also keep the GT if finances allow. Good luck on the search!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Glad you got what you wanted for your GT. Sorry to see you move on.
Wishing you very well, let us know what you think of your next ride.
And,... don't leave the forum.:biggrin

blownaway

GT Owner
Nov 14, 2006
bored?

carrot what didtnt you like about the gt in such a short time of ownership? im trying to buy right now but when i see posts about selling one so soon- makes me wonder

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Carrot sells cars like the Lions trade coaches.

"It's my favorite car ever...so I'm selling it" :lol

Big Carrot

GT Owner
May 13, 2006
Dallas
Carrot sells cars like the Lions trade coaches.

"It's my favorite car ever...so I'm selling it" :lol

HAHA!! That's very true. I've explained it a few times, but I guess I can do it again. lol It WAS my favorite car ever! Loved it! I just get bored easily, so when the new wears off I move on to something else. It also keeps me from losing my ass on cars. I buy them as close to wholesale as I can, put a few thousand miles on, and sell them in six months at retail, which is usually about what wholesale was six months before. I'm one of the few people that I know of that never loses his ass on an exotic. :thumbsup

gtracer

GT Owner
Oct 13, 2006
Homer Glen, IL.
Welp, I'm just about to take my GT out of the garage to load it onto a truck. I listed it with Cats Exotics, and they sold it for what I paid for it in three hours! Money was wired a day or two after. I really LOVED that car, and I may have to have another one at some point in the future! For now, I'm looking for a nice 360CS if any of you know of one. I've always liked that car, and I've never had a Ferrari, so I thought I'd try one out. Miiiight do a 430, but I'm pretty convinced that the Stradale is what I want.

Sorry to see you leave the brotherhood. Good luck with the new toy whatever it turns out to be. It doesn't appear that you sent the GT to a firesale, congratulations for that.

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
HAHA!! That's very true. I've explained it a few times, but I guess I can do it again. lol It WAS my favorite car ever! Loved it! I just get bored easily, so when the new wears off I move on to something else. It also keeps me from losing my ass on cars. I buy them as close to wholesale as I can, put a few thousand miles on, and sell them in six months at retail, which is usually about what wholesale was six months before. I'm one of the few people that I know of that never loses his ass on an exotic. :thumbsup

Having driven a 'CS and a 430, my guess is they won't even last you six months given that you have just spent six months with a GT. I wonder what is next? :wink

Just a question; have you ever bought a model of car that you previously owned? I can't recall doing that, but there are certainly cars that I have sold in the past and then later wished that I hadn't.

It's been great having you on the board. :thumbsup Please keep us all in the loop with your auto wanderlust! :cheers

Big Carrot

GT Owner
May 13, 2006
Dallas
Having driven a 'CS and a 430, my guess is they won't even last you six months given that you have just spent six months with a GT. I wonder what is next? :wink

Just a question; have you ever bought a model of car that you previously owned? I can't recall doing that, but there are certainly cars that I have sold in the past and then later wished that I hadn't.

It's been great having you on the board. :thumbsup Please keep us all in the loop with your auto wanderlust! :cheers

Yeah, I've driven both, and they are both a lot of fun! They definitely don't have the power that my pullied GT had, but they are still neat cars, and BEAUTIFUL! 6 months seems to be my limit, so we'll see how long I keep the new one. I owned a couple of Corvettes, and three vipers, but they were all different models, so I don't know if that counts. Had and R/T-10, ACR, and SRT-10. Other than that, I've had something different each time. I can actually see myself owning another GT at some point! It's really a fantastic car!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
If you sour on the CS, you should buy a Gallardo Nera. They have one on the ground at the dealer a couple miles from my place. That thing looks BAD in person. Looks a whole lot better than the $370k MSRP LP640 :ack

I tried buying a $132k Gallardo Spider this weekend, but like your ebay Ferrari, my ebay Lambo seems to be bullshit. Due to the lack of response for my offer of cash in person in 24 hours, I think his $86k DB9 Volante is bs too. And to think, I was going to immediately flip them to buy a second GT. :lol

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
If you sour on the CS, you should buy a Gallardo Nera. They have one on the ground at the dealer a couple miles from my place. That thing looks BAD in person. Looks a whole lot better than the $370k MSRP LP640 :ack

I tried buying a $132k Gallardo Spider this weekend, but like your ebay Ferrari, my ebay Lambo seems to be bullshit. Due to the lack of response for my offer of cash in person in 24 hours, I think his $86k DB9 Volante is bs too. And to think, I was going to immediately flip them to buy a second GT. :lol

I can't waste my time with ebay, more than 50% of the mosts are for air cars, or b.s for some car dealer looking for bait for his mailing list. Last time I looked at a car on ebay was when I was looking for a GT. AutoTrader isn't worth commenting about.:bs :ack :bs

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I can't waste my time with ebay, more than 50% of the mosts are for air cars, or b.s for some car dealer looking for bait for his mailing list. Last time I looked at a car on ebay was when I was looking for a GT. AutoTrader isn't worth commenting about.:bs :ack :bs

Yeah, it's a real problem for them. I just look to see what's out there, because it's becoming increasingly clear eBay auctions are being used for purposes other than selling real cars. I can always hold out hope it's just an angry divorcee trying to smite her ex by selling the cars on the cheap.

As for Autotrader, I refuse to even dig through the hundreds of cars that don't even exist...

Big Carrot

GT Owner
May 13, 2006
Dallas

HAHA!! Yeah, I bought every car that guy had! What a douche bag, huh? I looked at a Nero at Lambo Dallas a few weeks ago. That car looked sick! I thought about buying another Gallardo, but hey, I've already been there.

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
I bought my Heritage GT off eBay in April.

Rong

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2006
CS at Ferrari San Diego

They have a silver with stripe, low mileage, nice car. Ask for Ken and tell him Ron G. suggested you call.

I sold my GT but am lovin my 430

kjslider

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 1, 2006
socal

Impressive!:cheers