accufab x-pipe with headers

Black 907

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 9, 2006
I was wondering if anybody out there in GTLAND has the accufab with straight though headers or other combinations. Was thinking about upgrading, but love the accufab sound..any ideas?

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Forget that.

That would be off the charts loud. :ack The catalytic converters do a pretty good job of muffling the car making the unmuffled Accufab cat back X-pipe exhaust an acceptable system. Without the catalytic converters that straight through exhaust would probably be even louder than the Ford racing headers that at least have small mufflers near their tips. I don't know of anybody that has that combination and I suspect if somebody did put it together, they wouldn't have it for long. JMO

Chip

H

HHGT

Haaaa.... What.....Can't Hear yaaaaa.....:willy:willy:willy

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
As Chip said, any "straight through" system is goingto be darn loud. Maybe a great novelty at first, but likely not very easy to live with.

An easy option for you is to install the Ford Racing Cat Delete pipes. These pipes have a reasonably sized resonator in lieu of the cats and will bump your sound volume up quite a bit. A run a very similar variation of this on my car right now and I like it.