Accufab Europe ?

Exiges

GT Owner
Jul 2, 2007
UK
Does anyone in the Europe distribute the Accufab exhaust ?

Roush UK are quoting me £2000 ($4000) for a Tubi, and I think I'd like to get an Accufab instead !!

If there are no Euro distributors, has anyone in Europe shipped one over ? Any idea how long it took to arrive ?

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Just buy direct and DHL it over. By the way Shadowman wrote great install instructions. I think your making a perfect decision, I had one and liked it.

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
No, you have to buy European stuff. They are way smarter than the Americans. Who cares if it's 2 or 3 times more expensive, I'm sure its way better.:wink

Exiges

GT Owner
Jul 2, 2007
UK
FYI Euro guys, Accufab don't take credit cards or Paypal, so wire transfer only.

todd

GT Owner
Feb 3, 2006
so. ca.
Accufab is in Onterio Ca. just up the road from me So if you need anything done to make your purchase easier let me know.:cheers

blown

GT Owner
May 16, 2007
Does anyone in the Europe distribute the Accufab exhaust ?

Roush UK are quoting me £2000 ($4000) for a Tubi, and I think I'd like to get an Accufab instead !!

If there are no Euro distributors, has anyone in Europe shipped one over ? Any idea how long it took to arrive ?
have you got the address for the accufab, did you get one fitted, and how much? was going for the tubi from Roush also but ...

Exiges

GT Owner
Jul 2, 2007
UK
I ordered direct from Accufab, came to $1807.99 including shipping (about £900). I wired the money direct into their account. Send accufab1@aol.com an E-mail to enquire (make it FAO George). They'll give you a total price including shipping. Payment went through yesterday and it's due for delivery on Monday (so that's 6 days to deliver)

Accufab are shipping it direct to Roush who will fit it when the car is being serviced next week. I think it's another £200 to have it fitted, but that's still a good £900 saving on a Tubi (£2000 fitted).. so that'll pay for the transmission cooler + service. When I spoke to Roush they said the Accufab was a popular customer install and had nothing bad to say about it just they didn't have a reseller agreement with them like they do with Tubi.. I reckon they could setup a deal to sell Accufabs and save us all the hassle and make themselves some £££ in the process (assuming they don't make £££££lots out of Tubis)

This is their website: http://www.accufabracing.com/ford_gt.htm

Thanks for the offer of assistance Todd, much appreciated.

Last edited:

ThatPhilBrettGuy

GT Owner
May 9, 2007
London, UK.
I was at Roush yesterday and it was like a toy shop! There was a Whippled car and Accufab X-Pipe, Stillen exhaust, some very nice German (I think?) adjustable suspension kit.

Other half says 'I thought you were going to leave it standard?'. Erm, er yes well, maybe only reversible changes then.....

The Whipple supercharger looked a bit bling for me. Painted in the standard Ford silver I think it'd be great and look more standard (until you put it up against a standard car and suss it's massive!).

X-Pipe was beautifully made. Lovely welding.

Stillen exhaust (with changed cats). Hhmmm, it looked a bit, DIY. Welding was poor and the were extra plates tacked onto the cats, but I couldn't see why (they were top and bottom).

Still got some warranty on the car, and here in the UK changing things can cancel the whole deal (although I might have a word with Ford as to whether they mind about certain bits). When that's finished I think an X-Pipe is a no brainer, and the suspension looks handy. Then if I can get a non bling Whipple....

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
There are some pics on the forum of a Whipple done in Black. That looks very OEM as the prototypes had them in black as well. You may want to search for those to get an idea. Yeah it is huge, in comparison.

Yes the welds on the Accufab piece are among the best I have seen, a real work of art.

Good Luck.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
....Erm, er yes well, maybe.....

That sounds so familiar.

Exiges

GT Owner
Jul 2, 2007
UK
I was at Roush yesterday and it was like a toy shop! There was a Whippled car and Accufab X-Pipe, Stillen exhaust, some very nice German (I think?) adjustable suspension kit..

You probably saw my blue + white stripe car with Accufab there.

Returned 620bhp on the dyno :thumbsup

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
If it's not too late have Accufab add their intake tube stiffner to your order. It straightens out the airflow between the filter and throttle body and prevents the rubber from collapsing under extreme boost.

ThatPhilBrettGuy

GT Owner
May 9, 2007
London, UK.
You probably saw my blue + white stripe car with Accufab there.

Returned 620bhp on the dyno :thumbsup
Yup, my blue and white was parked next to it having a new mirror put on after I, er, removed the old one in my carkpark :frown

Is that Track & Roads dyno? If so it's the best one in the area IMHO and I believe the numbers that come off it. Is that figure with the Roush 2.8" pulley or just the Accufab mod?

There were about 10 GT's in at the time. It's always a bit of a GT carpark in there! Maybe I should take a few shots one day. Haven't bothered because I've just got used to it....

Exiges

GT Owner
Jul 2, 2007
UK
If it's not too late have Accufab add their intake tube stiffner to your order. It straightens out the airflow between the filter and throttle body and prevents the rubber from collapsing under extreme boost.

Has anyone in the UK had these fitted to their car by Roush ?

thatphillbrettguy said:
Is that Track & Roads dyno? If so it's the best one in the area IMHO and I believe the numbers that come off it. Is that figure with the Roush 2.8" pulley or just the Accufab mod?

That's the Accufab + pulley mod. It's on the dyno that Roush take their cars too (Is that Road + Track ?)

I'm having the first service done, 101 sill plates and transmission breather fitted, I'm also having the transmission tunnel repainted as the metal beneath is corroding, and a new transmission tunnel (cover) is on backorder from the U.S. I gather it's a common problem.

Dunno where you stand on taking pics of cars in Roush's care (perhaps owners don't want their cars snapped in states of disrepair) but it'd be great to see a pic of loads together.

ThatPhilBrettGuy

GT Owner
May 9, 2007
London, UK.
Has anyone in the UK had these fitted to their car by Roush ?
Thet had a yellow car there that they'd done. Also had the Whipple SC and the new throttle body. 720bhp with a standard exhaust...Nice.
That's the Accufab + pulley mod. It's on the dyno that Roush take their cars too (Is that Road + Track ?)

I'm having the first service done, 101 sill plates and transmission breather fitted, I'm also having the transmission tunnel repainted as the metal beneath is corroding, and a new transmission tunnel (cover) is on backorder from the U.S. I gather it's a common problem.

Dunno where you stand on taking pics of cars in Roush's care (perhaps owners don't want their cars snapped in states of disrepair) but it'd be great to see a pic of loads together.
I've taken a few before but never of bent cars or ones in bits, and I always blank number plates etc...I'll dig out some shots.

Last edited:

Exiges

GT Owner
Jul 2, 2007
UK
Update: Just had my invoice from Roush for the work done, while I didn't expect it to be for free I was surprised that the before + after dyno runs cost me £470 :ack (nearly $1000 for the benefit of our American friends)

If you've got some pics Phil, post them up !!

Last edited:

ThatPhilBrettGuy

GT Owner
May 9, 2007
London, UK.
This was taken at one end of the car bay area. I think this was the day I bought the GT from Fords.

roush.JPG

Note the 2 GT40's in the background. A Ford race car (black) and the white one being one of only 7 (I believe) road cars built.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
dyno's are just interesting for information. every one is different. we all know what the befores and afters are, by the way, typical dyno runs here in the states are about $150 for each time you go on the machine, so figure $300 for the before and after.