AC/Heat only blows hot

atl_gt

GT Owner
Oct 31, 2011
Hi all, my fist post. I have really like reading the forum - love the gauge stuff. I am going to be replacing three this weekend...wish me luck (tach, water temp, fuel). I will have my computer up to reference some of the how-to threads (got my blue painter tape ready).

Anyway, last weekend it got a bit cool in Atlanta and i turned the heat on for the first time ever. I have used the AC with great results during the winter. It worked great, but won't turn off. When I turn the temp knob to the left to make it cooler, it stays hot or at least warm. I have tried turning on the AC, but that does not help. I looked through the forum and couldn't find any threads about this.

Any ideas would be great. I have an appointment next week to have it looked at, but wanted to see if any of you have run into this before.

Thanks...Don

'05 GT
F430
AM DB9
Toyota Sienna Kid Hauler

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
I don't have an answer for your problem, but...

Welcome Aboard! :thumbsup

PS - send a PM to either Bill (Shadowman) or Rich (GTGuy) or Kendall (nota4re)....

Last edited:

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
I think that the large diameter (round) temp knob on your HVAC control has come loose on the shaft. Does your knob still have a "stop" at it's most counterwise position?

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
I'm also pretty new to the board and from Atlanta. Lots of good advise and friendly people as you will find. I use a shop, Allspeed, in Peachtree
City that does very good work on my GT if you don't find the problem.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
The GT GUYS know all ……
Give Rich a call

paul b

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2006
Just for the hell of it, try disconecting your battery for 15 mins. You never know, could be a computer glitch.

atl_gt

GT Owner
Oct 31, 2011
Thanks for the shop recommendation. I have heard that North Point Ford does some good work to. I will keep Allspeed in mind if I can't find the problem.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Disconnect battery...my stereo wouldnt turn off once

Also, 1 or 2 people here had a/c knob problems...search for a/c issues

paul b

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2006
Any news?

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
May be your mixture door getting hung in the dash. bad news is, its not a serviceable part. You would have to replace the entire dash unit. Ask me how I know.... ? :bored

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Is the original poster's question about whether the air from the inside vents with the temp control at "coldest" should be outside ambient air temp? I've found that isn't so true any more. My Mustangs ('08) always felt like the heat was somewhat on, and the dealer said it was pretty normal. Maybe the ducting path? I think my GT isn't outside ambient either.

Yesterday was the first time I had the heat on. On my other vehicles straight up 50% was reasonable heat. I have to be about 2/3 to get appreciable heat (more into the red heat zone). Is that normal?

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I have to be about 2/3 to get appreciable heat (more into the red heat zone). Is that normal?

Same as mine. Hope it is normal :confused

HiloDave

GT Obsessed
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 7, 2005
Hilo, Hawaii
FGT's have heaters?

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
FGT's have heaters?

yep, they are stored in the mesh pocket on the front seat.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
At least it's almost winter.

Ed

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
yep, they are stored in the mesh pocket on the front seat.

...what caliber?

atl_gt

GT Owner
Oct 31, 2011
Is the original poster's question about whether the air from the inside vents with the temp control at "coldest" should be outside ambient air temp? I've found that isn't so true any more. My Mustangs ('08) always felt like the heat was somewhat on, and the dealer said it was pretty normal. Maybe the ducting path? I think my GT isn't outside ambient either.

Yesterday was the first time I had the heat on. On my other vehicles straight up 50% was reasonable heat. I have to be about 2/3 to get appreciable heat (more into the red heat zone). Is that normal?

Not sure I exactly understand your question, think you talking about the inside temp in relation to outside temp. Anyway, when I last tested, the A/C worked great, I then turned up the heat which worked great. After a few minutes of heat I tried to turn it off and go back to cold a/c...no dice, still hot. At least I can turn the fan off and crack the windows.

I just got it back from FoA (Installing three new gauges - tmp, gas, tach; I guess I a certified Ford GT owner...) - (also, I saw the thread about those new aftermarket gauges the day mine arrived, will get a set if anymore OEM gauges die) they took a quick look but said they would need to dig into the dash. I declined, as long as I can get the a/c to work I will just not put the heat on again.

Thanks for the responses.

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
As Shelby notes this can be a real PITA potentially. Try Shadowman or GT guys. I doubt it is a DIY gig.

Team Jeff

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2007
Your issue could be caused by the adhesive on the blend door sticking it in position. See this thread for some suggestions http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/s...uld-be-the-issue&p=292830&posted=1#post292830

TMS-GT

GT Owner
Sep 14, 2006
my car will not get hot so what can i do?