Absolute 1 Micron Filtering

DeMopuar

May 30, 2008
Wisconsin
Does anyone have any knowledge in the utilization of absolute 1 micron bypass filters on a GT motor and/or transaxle?

The reason I ask is I have first hand knowledge of this working on heavy equipment. I was skeptical at first, but with two independent labs with the same results, it made a believer out of me. The Harvard filter kept any amount of water out, and filtered both engine and hydraulic oil to extremely clean standards in a 500 hour plus test. The oil in the compartments were actually cleaner than the sample we took out of our bulk oil tanks. We thought we had a bad sample, so we retested and changed our methodology of the sample out of the bulk tanks and they came up more contaminated than the "old" oil in the machine. The oil breakdown was not a factor either -- it really does work.

So again, does anyone have any experience with absolute 1 micron filtering of oil? I am just wondering if it would save an engine or transaxle from expensive rebuilds -- at least delay them.

The other question I had was concerning the amount of pressure the oil cooler lines have in them from the transaxle, and if there would be a built in port to dump the oil back into the transaxle case? Both engine and transaxle filters do not take all of the oil flow through the filters at once, they just take an amount of oil at a time, through a bypass type of flow, so to speak.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone has the real life experience with this? Here is the link to the Harvard filtering website:

http://www.harvardcorp.com/process.php

Thanks, Mark

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Man, I miss BONY.

Last edited:
H

HHGT

The only one I know of is made by Tampax.

I miss BONY too....

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Mopuar, look for some posts by Jack at Muscle Motors. He has these filters in varying micron sizes for our cars.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Frank,

Don't play this guy's game. A blatant advertisement. He should be outta here!!!

Tipo874

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Tucson, AZ
I know DeMopuar and it is a legit question.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I thought it might be. Will reserve judgement for time being. I'm certainly not looking at his site.

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
I think we all miss B O N Y. :frown