A watch for the Gulf color types...

biffom

GT Owner
Oct 9, 2005
Venice, CA
There was some talk a while back about watches and now TAG have just released this one.

news_image.276232.jpg

"TAG Heuer’s all-new vintage version sports a powerful design true to the revolutionary spirit of the original: black dial with orange and blue stripes, vintage “GULF” logo at 6 o’clock and matching black alligator strap with orange stitching. This stunning piece is a tribute to the Porsche-Gulf 917K racecar in the movie Le Mans..." More here: http://www.watchprosite.com/show-forumpost.classic/fi-17/pi-2181126/ti-342251/s-0/

Not my cup of tea - maybe it's down to the color scheme :biggrin

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
I'd buy a 24hr of Le Mans watch.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
These look kinda cool. I just tripped over the website and really don't know anything about the company so take it for what it worth?

http://www.abouttime.com/abouttime/anonimomensandwomens.invtc.html?gclid=CLyGtZ7I7JACFRdPagodPzD0WQ

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
I own the same watch, but with a carbon fiber face and stainless bracelet. Nice watch, but very large on my wrist.

H

HHGT

My lovely wife gave me this watch while in Las Vegas on our 27th honeymoon. Its a great watch. Bought at way less than retail and is getting to be in short supply.

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
My lovely wife gave me this watch while in Las Vegas on our 27th honeymoon. Its a great watch. Bought at way less than retail and is getting to be in short supply.

I've been looking for this watch and several places I've tried have been sold out. Where did your wife buy it?

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
I just got that watch... It was made in limited numbers and is very hard to find as it has already been discontinued.

Had my Rolex and Tag dealer look for 2 months before he found a new one.

I was very happy with the quality of the watch once I got it. It is really really nice...

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
I've been looking for this watch and several places I've tried have been sold out. Where did your wife buy it?

EBay has always got a couple selling brand new in the box for well below retail.

H

HHGT

PM Sent

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
EBay has always got a couple selling brand new in the box for well below retail.

Thanks, just checked out eBay but couldn't find a Gulf version. Plenty of Monacos including one at a BIN of $9.4k for a vintage 70s. Maybe I just don't know how to search as my wife's the eBay Queen.

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI

Thanks Sam.

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
I got the white faced Steve McQueen Gulf Tag on Amazon over a year ago. Then I found the above pictured black faced one in a jeweler here in town. Got one for summer use (white) and the black one for formal affairs. Now if I could find a reasonably priced low miles Heritage GT to match the watches.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
These look kinda cool. I just tripped over the website and really don't know anything about the company so take it for what it worth?

http://www.abouttime.com/abouttime/anonimomensandwomens.invtc.html?gclid=CLyGtZ7I7JACFRdPagodPzD0WQ

I like the Zulu time model. Just bought a Graham Chronofighter, and really like it, very differnt looking piece.

Does anybody know what happened to the Tag Huer that was belt driven and was the hit of the Basel Watch Show last year, or the year before. I have been looking to see one in person?