A solution or two for dealer mark ups/adm fees on new GT!!

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Sounds like something you should have checked out by a doctor:)

Bleach and antibiotics will not take care of it. Beer and whiskey make me think of it less though :)

Last edited:

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
R
I was talking to the sales guy at the Ferrari dealer today and they have all 3 of their LaFerraris getting delivered soon. All of the guys buying them have past supercars/hypercars and will likely want more in the future, which is why the showroom was littered with Enzo, F40, 288 GTO, 599 GTO, etc.. It's easy for them, they say "sure, you pass the test, we'll sell you one at MSRP" but the guys know if they sell the car, they're done and will never see another new Ferrari at MSRP again. For most of the guys in that bracket, an extra $1 million isn't enough to lose that relationship.

Ford doesn't have that luxury. People can talk all they want about loyalty, but with no repercussions, the reality is many original 05/06 owners would buy the new car and immediately sell it for $100-200k over MSRP. How many owners would be willing to sign on for the car while giving Ford right of first refusal to buy it back at MSRP for some substantial time period? I suspect not nearly as many that would like Ford to guarantee the car gets sold at MSRP.

I would sign that deal in a heart beat!!!

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
"The allocation strategy that works best is the one that makes it most likely I end up with one." - Everyone, Ford GT Forum, January 2015. :lol

Haha. "everyone" is right, I'm just wondering how you prophetically knew EXACTLY what I'd say!! :lol

How many owners would be willing to sign on for the car while giving Ford right of first refusal to buy it back at MSRP for some substantial time period? I suspect not nearly as many that would like Ford to guarantee the car gets sold at MSRP.

But if that meant we also get to buy it at MSRP, then me, I have no idea what it will sell for new, but I'd sign that deal in a heartbeat. It's probably a pipe dream, but it's my pipe dream now. :thumbsup

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
I'm in and I'll raise you one. I would give Ford right of first refusal to buy it back at $50k less than MSRP for five years.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
The count is now two. (2) I did exactly that when I bought my 2006 Midnight Blue. I ordered it directly from Ford. Very simple 6 line order Form.
I then was required to sign a document that said if I needed to sell the car within the first two years of ownership, I was required to give Ford Motor Company first right of refusal to buy it back. The two years went rather quickly... I worked too hard to get the opportunity to buy the car and needless to say I still have it.
GIVE ME THAT SAME CHOICE TODAY AND I WILL HAVE TWO Ford GT's . MAKE MY NEW 2016 LIQUID BLUE TO MATCH MY 2006 :):)
andy (ajb)

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
The count is now two. (2) I did exactly that when I bought my 2006 Midnight Blue. I ordered it directly from Ford. Very simple 6 line order Form.
I then was required to sign a document that said if I needed to sell the car within the first two years of ownership, I was required to give Ford Motor Company first right of refusal to buy it back. The two years went rather quickly... I worked too hard to get the opportunity to buy the car and needless to say I still have it.
GIVE ME THAT SAME CHOICE TODAY AND I WILL HAVE TWO Ford GT's . MAKE MY NEW 2016 LIQUID BLUE TO MATCH MY 2006 :):)
andy (ajb)

Liquid Blue will not be a color offered by Ford.. The prototypes only i heard..

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
andy (ajb)

Was that one of the employee plans? I don't think we can do that with a dealer. Maybe they'll hire us all for $1/year :)

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
What if MSRP is north of $500K ?

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
What if MSRP is north of $500K ?

i think 500K is probably a little excessive for this car. 400k probably is too but im in at 400k lol

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
It's not north of $500k.

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
It's not north of $500k.

refreshing, now how bout north of 400??

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
My best guess would be between $275,000 and $350,000 with options.

but I have know clue... not sure Ford has reached a final conclusion either.

Gierkink

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 5, 2005
Wellington, FL
How many owners would be willing to sign on for the car while giving Ford right of first refusal to buy it back at MSRP for some substantial time period?

I would agree to this for whatever period of time (say five years) that Ford would want. In addition to this I would be happy to put down a non-refundable deposit without knowing the price of the car... as long as I'm buying it at MSRP.

If Ford did something like this, through the dealer network, it would guarantee the sale of a certain number of cars at a pre-determined price which has to help reducing the risk of putting the cars in the marketplace without knowing how strong demand will be. It's always very difficult to price something new and in high demand as with this car. Price it too high and you sell too few to make the car profitable, price it too low and you leave money on the table. However, if Ford secured the upfront sale of a certain number of units it would be a big help in setting the best supply/demand price for the car.

pacettr

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 2, 2013
Mustang, OK
Dealers don't determine ADM; the market does.

If the dealer sells a car at MSRP that the market is willing to pay more for, then the secondary market will make the money on the resale. It's simple supply and demand. Just as early FGT's sold for MSRP+ and eventually below MSRP, the market determined the transaction prices. So it will go with the PHX.

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I think those who can produce the most copy's of active Ford product titles (in their name) go higher on the list. ;-) this would be called "The lifetime Ford loyalty program"

pvgtX2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 16, 2012
Palos Verdes Estates, CA
Perhaps. But on this forum….everyone is a major advocate of the free market until it comes to getting their hands on the new GT.:wink

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
I have no problem liquidating to buy this car (my '06 stays put though), I have no problem signing an agreement to not sell the car for a profit within the first year or two at a premium...

However, if this car is over 250k its too much... Not ADM pricing... Not gouging by a reseller... I'm talking MSRP. The whole point of the Ford GT in '06 was that it could kick the crap out of its competition at a lower MSRP and still maintain the quality of the competitors.

The 05-06 GT did this and even if I can't get on the list, this one should also. It competes apparently against the Huracan, 458 and McLaren... it should never MSRP over them, or it would be counter productive to the whole GT mantra that I bought into. "The underdog mfg takes the fancy guys to the woodshed!"

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Exactly what I was thinking :)

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
It's not north of $500k.

The flow of information has started, Chinese water torture style. :lol

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
The weekend edition of the WSJ had an aritcle on the new GT, had a quote that was attributed to Ford, and had pricing at the same level of the 05-06. I'd be very surprised if it was priced there. The quote was not from an individual, it referred to Ford source.
Even though it's a two pedal car, I'd love to get my hands on one (at MSRP), don't know where I'd put it, or one of the other cars, as I'm "full", but I'll find room, given the opportunity! :)