A simple bluetooth audio solution (McIntosh)

EthanFf

Feb 25, 2022
Minnesota
Hey all! I wanted to share the easiest way I've found to get good quality bluetooth audio to your Mcintosh head unit, without hacking into any factory wiring. All of this is easy to install, and uninstall with no trace! All you need is a JL Audio MBT-RX Bluetooth Receiver for only $50, and an ATM add-a-circuit fuse on one of the switched fuses in the passenger footwell. I used fuse slot 16 (5a mcintosh power supply) and then run it behind the head unit to the already existing RCA input. They will be the white/red plugs taped to the factory harness, with black covers. You will need to remove the head unit to access them, but that has already been documented here so I won't get into it. For a ground source, I used one of the screws into the chassis to the bottom right of the fuse panel. directly behind the large green plug. These photos should give you a good idea of what's going on! https://photos.app.goo.gl/S487FdNtybuNyYix5

Hopefully this helps! :)_ Any questions, ask away!

Reactions: Bbhaynes

Twturbo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 28, 2022
Upland SoCal
Then what are you using the transit blue app on iPhone to hook up to your phone ,i have that one on my 20007 911 turbo sounds similar & works great

EthanFf

Feb 25, 2022
Minnesota
Then what are you using the transit blue app on iPhone to hook up to your phone ,i have that one on my 20007 911 turbo sounds similar & works great
No app necessary! Simply connect your Bluetooth and then use whatever music player you'd like.

I have a 911 Turbo as well, but it is a 996

Kpgarage

GT Owner
Mar 17, 2019
Wow
Just noticed, my GT has a radio. Wonder why?