A shout out to GT38 is in order!

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
This past Tuesday, Richard treated Pockets to a whole afternoon of crusing around "The Valley of the Sun" in both his GT40 MKII AND his Daytona Coupe! :banana What an absolute blast! (During a certain brief segment on a rather loooooooong stretch of a very remote, very deserted, very flat, very straight, intersection-free road, Pockets was very greatful for his Depends...:willy)

What an unapologetic, no compromise, in-your-face, strictly business BEAST that GT40 is!!! :eek Good night, nurse! Compared to IT, the Daytona is darn near civilized! :lol

While on our little 'cruise', several folks took advantage of the serendipity photo opportunity created when we were on the freeways (there were several :thumbsup as well)...aaaaaaaand Richard's cars created an on-the-spot, single car 'car show' on the two occasions when the cars were parked!:lol (Luke Warmwater is right - there IS NO DIFF between the public's reaction to a GT40 and a FGT. NONE.)

Thanks, Richard! I enjoyed the heck out of it! Yeeeeeew da man!!! :thumbsup:thumbsup

GT38

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 19, 2008
Glendale, Arizona
Thanks, Richard! I enjoyed the heck out of it! Yeeeeeew da man!!! :thumbsup:thumbsup

You're very welcome Larry, it was truly my pleasure!

So some of the new forum members don't get the wrong idea, my GT40 & Daytona Coupe are Superformance cars - I can only dream of the real thing. For those of you who've never had the pleasure of spending time with EP, which is most of you, I have to blow his cover - he is a true gentleman in every sense of the word! (I'm in big trouble now :willy)

And even though I didn't have the liver & onions, thanks for the lunch!

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to much fun! Brilliant!

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Dick does it right!
I too have experienced his hospitality while in Arizona.
A true car buff and gentleman as well.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
(I'm in big trouble now :willy)

You most certainly are. You forgot (?) to mention how disarmingly engaging and totally charming I am...so, you'll discover the amount written on the check I promised is several dollars short of the figure we agreed upon...:sleep:

Oh, you'll also note that I've deducted the cost of the lunch (plus tip) as well. I've documented it all for you... :tongue

GT38

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 19, 2008
Glendale, Arizona
You most certainly are. You forgot (?) to mention how disarmingly engaging and totally charming I am...so, you'll discover the amount written on the check I promised is several dollars short of the figure we agreed upon...:sleep:

Oh, you'll also note that I've deducted the cost of the lunch (plus tip) as well. I've documented it all for you... :tongue

I know I promised not to post photos, but EP IS the most interesting man in the world...

Dos equis man 3.jpg

(now will you bump my check back up?)

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
(now will you bump my check back up?)

Done!