A Scary bridge is GONE!!!

GT38

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 19, 2008
Glendale, Arizona
I drove my Freightliner & 4-car stacker over this bridge in Kentucky en route to Rally 5. It was SCARY narrow, especially passing big rigs going the other way. JBG was right behind me in his F250 & trailer. I'm not so sure this accident was a bad thing - hopefully they'll replace the whole span with something wider. You can see how narrow it was - look at the chunk of pavement on the bow of the ship.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/01/27/kentucky-bridge-collapses-after-being-struck-by-cargo-ship/

e344a886baf38102050f6a706700b840.jpg69741e17bae28102050f6a70670013c9.jpg

H

HHGT

The snow caps must have melted a lot

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Yeah, I saw this earlier today and the 1st thought I had was, 'How the devil did the skipper NOT KNOW before going up river that his ship wouldn't clear the bridge???' He had to know the over all height of his ship above the waterline and what the river level was at the time - hence the clearance under the bridge.

I don't get it...

GT38

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 19, 2008
Glendale, Arizona
Yeah, I saw this earlier today and the 1st thought I had was, 'How the devil did the skipper NOT KNOW before going up river that his ship wouldn't clear the bridge???' He had to know the over all height of his ship above the waterline and what the river level was at the time - hence the clearance under the bridge.

I don't get it...

Whatever he was thinking, the skipper is now qualified to captain a Costa Cruises ship in Italy (four more bridges, and he'll be an Ace!).

JBG

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 25, 2006
Scottsdale
Great find! Can't say I'm sad to see that structure leveled. One of the craziest bridges I've been on, not to mention the local drivers who think double the posted limit is safe.