A Liptstick Hole in One

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
After reading the post about the fellow who got the nickel stuck in his seat buttons, I had to post my similarly crazy story. After taking my wife out in the GT on our anniversary, I heard the dreaded "oops" from her. That's usually not good.

She said that somehow her mini-lipstick fell out of her hand and INTO the door panel. I said that must be impossible. She then proceeded to show me a small opening that occurs when you squeeze the black handle inside to open the door. Miraculously, her lipstick fit in the hole with a micron to spare and fell inside the door. I'm not sure one could do that again, even if they tried a thousand times.

After chatting with Shadowman, who fortunately has not grown tired of my increasingly crazy questions, he told me how to remove it. A friend and I removed the aluminum trim panel, and out it popped (Thanks as always Bill).

This one may be hard to top.

Attachments

• img076.jpg
    img076.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 232

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Dude...you need to attend the 'Shadowman School of Hand Modeling and Camera Focus'.

:biggrin

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Dude...you need to attend the 'Shadowman School of Hand Modeling and Camera Focus'.

:biggrin

hahahahahaaaaa:lol:lol:lol:lol

Aug 25, 2006
jaxct

As always it is truly my pleasure; I enjoy the chats and if duiing them some assitance can be shared it makes it even nicer.

FYI I read your email prior to this thread and was happy to read that the surgery was painless.

Thank you for the kind words.

Takes care

Shadowman

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Good thing you got it out.... It would have been rolling around buggin me for years to come.

Had a funny noise one time... turned out to be a quarter that fell out of my pocket and would run up and down the metal trim between the seat track and the console. You would hear the noise when braking or accelerating....

And yes, I have been developing a case of OCD that is being refined the longer I own this car :bored

Pete S.

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2006
MA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingman

hahahahahaaaaa :lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

It's the same camera used in those BIG FOOT photo shoots.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
. Miraculously, her lipstick fit in the hole with a micron to spare and fell inside the door. I'm not sure one could do that again, even if they tried a thousand times.

QUOTE]

'Cannot begin to count the times I've I've dropped screws, nuts, washers, small SOCKETS, or you name it, and sat there helplessly watching 'em head STRATIGHT FOR the only 'black hole' present in the top of the car's frame, or an inaccessible crease/fold between a fender panel and some other body part. :mad

And like you stated - if I were to be paid $10 mil and given 10 years to duplicate the stunt on purpose - IT COULDN'T BE DONE.