A Great Day in the GT

AHudson

GT Owner
Nov 6, 2009
Alabama
I had detailed the GT (again!) and had it sitting lovingly inside on the battery charger, half sad that winter was knocking. We scarcely have 'bad' winters here, but it still takes some of the driving fun out. Yet on Friday, the weather was 68 degrees and absolutely beautiful.

I couldn't resist.

Climbed in, hit the starter, roared to life and just went on a drive. A pure, for-the-heck-of-it-with-no-destination drive. Looks, thumbs up, cell phone pictures while in traffic... nothing but a huge smile on my face when out of traffic. I love my other exotics, but with the GT, there's just a feeling of solid and unburstable build quality with every move. The shifter is an absolute delight. It is more crisp than my rifle-bolt like NSX (sorry, but its incredible) and the ride quality is beyond anything Italian I have.

I spent a little over a half hour, basking in this beast of a car, loving the entire experience. Driving for the joy of driving is something I had almost forgotten about.

Though I would still sell or trade it toward a midnight blue car if the right one appeared, there is virtually nothing else on the market that gives the same joy as the GT. Well done, Ford.

Pass side side MAIN shot.JPG

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Wish I had mine out yesterday! Nice looking car.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
I had detailed the GT (again!) and had it sitting lovingly inside on the battery charger, half sad that winter was knocking. We scarcely have 'bad' winters here, but it still takes some of the driving fun out. Yet on Friday, the weather was 68 degrees and absolutely beautiful.

I couldn't resist.

Climbed in, hit the starter, roared to life and just went on a drive. A pure, for-the-heck-of-it-with-no-destination drive. Looks, thumbs up, cell phone pictures while in traffic... nothing but a huge smile on my face when out of traffic. I love my other exotics, but with the GT, there's just a feeling of solid and unburstable build quality with every move. The shifter is an absolute delight. It is more crisp than my rifle-bolt like NSX (sorry, but its incredible) and the ride quality is beyond anything Italian I have.

I spent a little over a half hour, basking in this beast of a car, loving the entire experience. Driving for the joy of driving is something I had almost forgotten about.

Though I would still sell or trade it toward a midnight blue car if the right one appeared, there is virtually nothing else on the market that gives the same joy as the GT. Well done, Ford.

That brought a big smile to my face. :)

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Aren't these cars unreal?.....
What a blessing it is to own and drive it.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Aren't these cars unreal?.....
What a blessing it is to own and drive it.
They sure are!
I think it was my very best all time purchase!

topshot

GT Owner
Feb 6, 2012
Metro Detroit, MIchigan
Agree, by far my favorite car to drive.....

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
I hate you AJ. We have snow and ICE on the ground. It's between 5-10f daily here. My GT's are plugged in sleeping in a dust pile, since the garage is under a serious rebuild.

topshot

GT Owner
Feb 6, 2012
Metro Detroit, MIchigan
No doubt can't Waite till spring

GT1261

GT Owner
May 28, 2012
Here we have 10 inches snow and ice under it.
Counting down the days to 1st April because then it is OK by law to drive with summer tires.

Nice car BTW.

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Detailed mine Staurday, spent hours getting the tire rubber marks off rocker panels etc... from NOLA track days. Is just a good wax job best preventative or is there something one could spary on to keep these marks from being so hard to remove ? Besides lots of blue tape !

AHudson

GT Owner
Nov 6, 2009
Alabama
Detailed mine Staurday, spent hours getting the tire rubber marks off rocker panels etc... from NOLA track days. Is just a good wax job best preventative or is there something one could spary on to keep these marks from being so hard to remove ? Besides lots of blue tape !

A good wax job will protect it some and be easier to clean after the fact. I have used a product called "PRE" from Eastwood to remove tar, rubber, even road paint pretty effectively. This area will need to be completely neutralized after this, then wax reapplied.

For more serious (but ugly!) protection, Griots Garage sells a disposable 'temporary' clear protection film. It doesn't conform like clear bra type products, but it is inexpensive, quick, and will do the job.

Hope this helps.

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Yeah I assumed a high quality wax is best, I do know I have a spray on product called "Pro Prep" that we spray on dirt bikes and when you wash it dirt/crud comes off easier. However it may not be good to spray on automotive paint.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Windex works pretty good. Doesn't remove wax.

WD 40 works too.

Follow up with some spray and shine,