A/C Recirc noise?

Gruntled

GT Owner
Dec 11, 2005
Does anyone get a rubbing or squeaking type sound when the recirc button is pressed while the a/c fan is running? Thanks

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
No Vince. Mine is perfect!!!! :biggrin

You just had some A/C warranty work done, yes? Is the noise new since the work?

Someone will chime in who's been down this road, I'm sure.

BTW, you would have loved Carlisle. Lotsa GTs and GT500s. No Ferraris however. :lol

Aug 25, 2006
Does anyone get a rubbing or squeaking type sound when the recirc button is pressed while the a/c fan is running? Thanks

Does is happen for a period of time or constant?

Shadowman

Gruntled

GT Owner
Dec 11, 2005
Does is happen for a period of time or constant?

Shadowman

It's not all the time. Only when the recirc button is pressed while the fan is running. My sound lasts anywhere from five seconds to thirty. The sound is coming from the blend door opening and closing.

Aug 25, 2006
It's not all the time. Only when the recirc button is pressed while the fan is running. My sound lasts anywhere from five seconds to thirty. The sound is coming from the blend door opening and closing.

Perfect; now I understand

You can access the linkage for this through the front fresh air vent in the middle of the bonnet

It will require a spray dry lubricant with a long nozzle and you can lubricate the assembly.

Takes care

Shadowman

Gruntled

GT Owner
Dec 11, 2005
Thanks Shadowman. I'll pass it on to the tech who is looking at the car as we type :) My Ford dealer service mgr was told the noise was normal by the Ford field service guy, but I can't find anyone else with the noise.

Aug 25, 2006
Thanks Shadowman. I'll pass it on to the tech who is looking at the car as we type :) My Ford dealer service mgr was told the noise was normal by the Ford field service guy, but I can't find anyone else with the noise.

You are welcome

It frustrates me when;

Normal is defined by more than one person having the same issue.

Vintage Air created the system and they are aware of the issue and were party to the infield corrective fix because there were warranty claims during which the unit was replaced which is huge under taking and not necessary because the issue will come back.

All the best

Shadowman

Heritage Club

GT Owner
Mar 31, 2008
Is the noise you're referring to a small chirp about every 15 seconds? If so, yep, I got it.

Gruntled

GT Owner
Dec 11, 2005
Is the noise you're referring to a small chirp about every 15 seconds? If so, yep, I got it.

Sorry, no. My sound only happens for 5-20 secs immediately after the button is pressed. No more noise until either the button is pressed again, or the engine is turned off with the recirc button in the off position (the blend door is always closed upon engine shut down)