A C question

Palm Harbor GT40

GT Owner
Jan 1, 2009
Palm Harbor, FL
After returning from a drive today I noticed the passenger side floor board had alot of water in it. It appears to be coming from under the dash next to the center console. Is this a sign of a cloged drain line or is this a sign of an A C issue? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks, Greg

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Okay, this may be a dumb question...but...was it raining?

I seem to remember someone posting something about the "trunk (boot) seal" not really "sealing" and causing a similar pblm when washing the car. Washing...raining...what's the diff?

Palm Harbor GT40

GT Owner
Jan 1, 2009
Palm Harbor, FL
No it was a beautiful day not a cloud in the sky. It was definately from the A C or something else in dash.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
No it was a beautiful day not a cloud in the sky. It was definately from the A C or something else in dash.

In that case - ya 'got' me!

SHADOWMAAAAAAN!!!

G.T. GUYYYYYYYYYYYYYS!!!

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
I have seen some foam insulation that someone was selling called the "GT SAVER" the was to wrap the cooper lines (assume A/C Line) that are under the dash next to the center console on the passenger side. I bet this is what that mod was for. Maybe someone else will chime in. I have never noticed any condensation, etc in any GT we have ever had. Also did not notice any when we were in vegas running the a/c like crazy on all of our GTs. But, Vegas is a LOW humidity area....

Aug 25, 2006
After returning from a drive today I noticed the passenger side floor board had alot of water in it. It appears to be coming from under the dash next to the center console. Is this a sign of a cloged drain line or is this a sign of an A C issue? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks, Greg

Hi Greg

This is a common problem with many different vehicles however I have not seen it on the Ford GT. Typically the condensation collects in the distribution box in which is the evaporator and if not allowed to drain properly these results are experienced.

If I were to speculate I would say that the drain is either plugged or more likely came loose and now instead of the moisture traveling outside of the gal it is simply finding home in the passenger foot well.

By removing the SJB panel; the panel at the passenger foot area secured by 4 d-rings you should get some insight to the problem.

Do no let it remain like this as it will cause mildew over time

Takes care

Shadowman

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I had some moisture in this same area. I was in the red car when does not see much use. I did not determine where it came from. I did install a windshield skin so the water either came in from the windshield area or from one of the occasional times I do run the car and the a/c so I have not ruled out condensation...

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
I have had condensation drip into the passenger footwell in mine - this is on a hot day, no rain....

Have you had a look behind the panel?

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
"I have seen some foam insulation that someone was selling called the "GT SAVER" the was to wrap the cooper lines (assume A/C Line) that are under the dash next to the center console on the passenger side. I bet this is what that mod was for. Maybe someone else will chime in."

Shelby - that foam is for noise reduction not for condensation. The noise is the "flapping and gurgling" previously mentioned in another thread by Fubar a few weeks ago,

The condensation problem was seen during Rally 1 by samthejeepman who had an AC issue where he was getting excessive condensation, actually dripping on him...

Saleen kept the car, he bought the S197 to drive that weekend and the manufacture of the AC unit became involved until it was fixed and the car returned back to Sam..

Maybe Frank, GTJOEY, INDYGT, Dave or Bony can add to this thread as I believe they also saw poor Sam that week.....

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Maybe it is for noise, but I will post pics as it does not look like it would be for noise.

Last edited:

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Not sure if this is related, but it was the first thing that came to my mind.

Attachments

• GT SAVER 001.jpg
    GT SAVER 001.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 69
  • GT SAVER 002.jpg
    GT SAVER 002.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 68
  • GT SAVER 003.jpg
    GT SAVER 003.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 69
  • GT SAVER 004.jpg
    GT SAVER 004.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 69

thegtguy

*Supporting Vendor* GT Owner
Apr 20, 2006
MI
Leak

Hi Greg, Glad to see that you did all of the mods we had spoken of.
Thanks for the pic Shelby. Now I don't have to take one of one of the cars that we have.

As far as the leak I would check the black tube in the pic below that is highlighted. More than likely this tube has come off at the 90 in the pic or at the bulkhead connector about 6" to the front of the 90. Either way I would find the leak because if the SJB (smart junction box) gets wet you will have a whole new world of issues.

Rich

Attachments

• GT%20SAVER%20002.jpg
    GT%20SAVER%20002.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 61

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
MAD is correct about Jay's insullators and about SamtheJeepMan's car. Don't know the exact resolution of the problem, but there may be some old posts about it. Or you can just send Sam a PM or e-mail. I'll bet the GTGuys are right though. Sounds like a drain problem from condensation.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Not sure if this is related, but it was the first thing that came to my mind.

as noted in Jay's instruction this is a heat reduction mod.. see note on drawings,, " Hot tubing "