A / C fan noise

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
I am having some nosie with my a/c fan and wonder if it is the norm for the car. MY dealership talked to Ford and they said it is.

When the blower motor is at high speed, I get changing sound. Sometimes it runs smooth like no problem, then it gets noisy like the air flow has gone out of sync - block or turbulance. Same type of sound you might get if a damper was partly closed and blocking the flow.

Anyone have the same sound, or is it quiet and continuously smooth?

Last edited:

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
That's what comes with a "cheap" after market unit that was used int he car.

Dave

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
My car is sitting at the dealer as we speak with the same problem. It only happens when I've been driving the car with the A/C on for over 1/2 an hour, my guess is that the evaporator is freezing causing the noise and the lower volume of air comming out of the vents.

Whats the BS about aftermarket A/C?!

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
I was just told that my A/C had a bad orifice tube that would allow the freon pressure to drop too low causing my evaporator to freeze therefore causing the fan noises that we are talking about.

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
Interesting your's is doing it from a freeze.

Mine does it right at the start - no time to have frozen.

My guess is that it is based in the type of fan and the way it is moving the air. Probably gets a turbalance of some kind.

Anyone else?

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
Has anybody noticed that just about every defect the gt has thats posted on this forum has already affected my car?

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
A/C freeze up

I had this issue on another car. dealer told me dont set A/c on full cold, just one notch back, and this will allow fins not to ice up thus restricting air flow and ultimately makeing noise. happens on very humid days. Worked like a charm

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
What kind of name is Kayvan?

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Kayvan the Name

Its Iranian; name of a Persian King too.

Born and raised in Tehran till 8 yrs old. Now live in NY. Hear there are 1M of us in LA (all driving hip wheels!)

Love the food; loved the World Cup team; and love cars.

EasyEric

GT Owner
Mar 6, 2006
Florida and Georgia USA
The United states is a wonderful country. The largest Iranian diaspora is in the US, as well as the Armenians, Italians, Germans, Polish etc.

Eric

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
Kayvan said:
Born and raised in Tehran till 8 yrs old. Now live in NY. Hear there are 1M of us in LA (all driving hip wheels!)

Love the food; loved the World Cup team; and love cars.

I used to live in NY, then I realized everyone was in LA! I thought about going to visit (I've been here since 1973) but then I saw this during the world cup...

(it means don't go to Iran in farsi)

Attachments

• irannari.jpg
    irannari.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 167

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
"diaspora" what a great word!