A Bad Day at Black Rock

campgreenlake

GT Owner
Sep 10, 2007
Florida
While on my way to a car show last week end I had an unfortunate encounter with a guard rail. Net resut was a crease in the front fender, the door and the quarter panel on RH side. Not large gaping wounds but enough to require some serious metal and paint expertise to heal. Can any one recommend a good body repair shop in southeastern Florida? I am thinking seriously of combining the repair work with rear bumper delete surgery. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. RB,Jupiter,FL

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
I would research who has experience doing local repairs on Audi or Aston Martin aluminum panels. Good luck.

Howard

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Sorry to hear about your incident. There is a body shop in Pompano Beach that is the Factory Authorized Ferrari repair center and does the work for the Ferrari dealer in Fort Lauderdale. They work on Aluminum bodied cars all the time. I went there a few years ago to get a quote on something. When I was there, there was a GT being worked on that was put into a tire wall at Sebring.. I think I still have the business card,, let me see.. if I don't PM you in a day or so send me a reminder. If I can't find it I am sure the Ferrari dealer will give you or I the info.. good luck

Found it : First Class 954 785 3784. www.1stClassAuto.com Business card also lists them as authorized Aston, Jag & Audi repair center

Last edited:

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
This is not something I would let just anyone fix. Shipping your car to the right place to have it done will not be that big of an expense and the end result will be MUCH better in my opinion. We offer repairs like the ones you are needing. We do all the work IN HOUSE. Another good source is Rich and Dennis (The GT GUYS) in MI. Hope everything gets fixed and back to like new condition.

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
Shelby is right.

I'm sure there are others that can do the work. Correctly.

But who are they?

Why take a chance when we know folks w/ a proven track record who definitely can do it right?

Best to you in the aftermath of a bad deal.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I am for supporting vendors but he asked for a guy in SE Florida.. I bet there is not may shops in the country that can do what this place does,, They had a wadded up Ferrrair 430 Challnge car that was being rebult to factory specs.. trained welders etc,, to work on Aluminum bodied cars.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
I am for supporting vendors but he asked for a guy in SE Florida..

Boy howdy - not to metion that there's a BIG difference in the skill set required to work the metal and minimize bondo work in contrast to replacing panels. I too would rather take it somewhere where this kind or work is done day in and day out.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I'd want to put new sheet metal on the car. Phooey on repairing/'bondoing', and/or whatever else.

Buuuuuut, maybe that's just nitpicky me...

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I would say a new quarter panel is in order, remember your not dealing with a Ferrari. Ford may charge more than its worth but it still won’t be a mind boggling amount. Ask Torrie what a froth quarter costs for the GT.

- with that said, body panel alignment and painting are still tricky on the GT. I would ship mine to Shelby, even for the mentioned minor repair.