$91k FOR A FORD GT ??

Quickdraw

pit crew chief
Dec 28, 2006
No bargains out there, specially for these cars.

If it's too good to be true, it is a scam or accident mess...

It's gotta be a scam.... here's seven people who offered him over $128,000 just this week....
http://offer.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=260100312841

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford...temQQcategoryZ116478QQitemZ260100312841QQrdZ1

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
I'd fly down to Lakeland & EYEBALL the car. THAT COULD SAVE YOU A LOT OF HASTLE & $$$$$$ DOWN THE ROAD.

I agree with E.P. If anyone is close, I'd make an arrangement to see if, take it to a Ford dealer and have them check it out and run a backround on any Ford work completed (as well s Carfax, etc), then meet him at the DMV to do a transfer.

Most likely not real, BUT if it is, a bargain. Buy and re-sell it and make 50K. Worth sending the guy a message and say you want to go look a the car. You'll find out then if it is a real deal.

Any Florida guys out there? Chris?

1434gt

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2006
i would contact Ronie Duke@ hard core racing in flint mi he was owner of that gt back in august 2007

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
It's a scam, period. There is no car. He could wholesale it for more. This scam has been going on for years now.

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
Lets get a rope and have a hanging party....I'll bring the booze!! :cheers

Quickdraw

pit crew chief
Dec 28, 2006
i would contact Ronie Duke@ hard core racing in flint mi he was owner of that gt back in august 2007

Further evidence its a scam... this guy said he bought the car abput a year ago... the car was originally sold 2/15/2006, so this guy just about claims to be the original owner.

usmcfred

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2006
Massachusetts
Guys, As I said very early on in this thread ... forget about calling, seeing, touching this FGT as THIS SCAM ARTIST DOES NOT HAVE THE CAR! This type of scam has been run on ebay for years. The so-called "escrow" account where you wire your money is simply this clown's bank account in some third world hell hole. Check out his broken English. The a__hole is probably in Kurdistan or Moskow.

usmcfred

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
The a__hole is probably in Kurdistan or Moskow.

usmcfred

Fred, we are equal opportunity abusers here- could also be Ethiopian and the "refund money" he will give you in return would be painted black:eek

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
Guys, As I said very early on in this thread ... forget about calling, seeing, touching this FGT as THIS SCAM ARTIST DOES NOT HAVE THE CAR! This type of scam has been run on ebay for years. The so-called "escrow" account where you wire your money is simply this clown's bank account in some third world hell hole. Check out his broken English. The a__hole is probably in Kurdistan or Moskow.

usmcfred
100% agreement!

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
The so-called "escrow" account where you wire your money is simply this clown's bank account in some third world hell hole.

usmcfred

'Couldn't agree more. That's why I said 'escrow be darned'.

(He's even going to give you a "trial period" with the car???:eek WOULD YOU? ...and, as was mentioned B4... and after he supposedly turned down more money?:eek There's an open lid on a septic tank somewhere judging from the oder.)

Last edited:

Quickdraw

pit crew chief
Dec 28, 2006
The part puzzling to me is his reply to "Pete S" in msg #16 where he wants to use escrow.com... this seems like a legit website... www.escrow.com how does the scammer get his money?

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
The part puzzling to me is his reply to "Pete S" in msg #16 where he wants to use escrow.com... this seems like a legit website... www.escrow.com how does the scammer get his money?

'Good question. But, you can bet there's a way! We're warned all the time about websites that APPEAR genny BUT ARN'T.

A ligit seller I would THINK would tell yuh WHERE the car actually IS (street address), who to contact stateside to arrange a "look see", etc.:shrug

Pete S.

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2006
MA
For Vehicle amount Escrow Fee:
up to $7,500 $125
$7,500.01 to $15,000 $170
$15,000.01 to $30,000 $200
$30,000.01 to $50,000 $275
over $50,000 0.6%

Unless he is the sole proprietor of escrow.com, it's and easy $546 times how many suckers fall into the trap.

Buyer chooses Escrow.com Inspection Services and pays $125.00 non-refundable fee by credit card.

I might contact escrow about this. And of course, post the findings.

Pete S.

Quickdraw

pit crew chief
Dec 28, 2006
Don't follow a link to escrow.com that HE supplies. One bit of advice about a questionable link is to right-mouse-click on the link and check its properties - THAT'S where you will really be directed...

red gt 1442

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 23, 2005
NY Metro Area
Don't follow a link to escrow.com that HE supplies. One bit of advice about a questionable link is to right-mouse-click on the link and check its properties - THAT'S where you will really be directed...

Last year I was about to purchase a Ferrari, much the same way.....Was a low price, and the car was in New York city...when I contacted the person by e -mail and asked that he would call me..he refused saying that he was in europe and would not be back for a while, but needed to sell car..and I needed to put money in escrow before he would even tell me where the car was....the reason he gave me ( after 3 e-mails) was that he didn';t want to get scammed (lol)..while actually he was doing all the scamming (or trying to)..there is something about putting money into an escrow..dont know what..but guys..let's be realistic..if it's too good to be true..IT IS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please stay away......it's a scam..I'll bet anything...Be Aware.......

Gino

04mach1

Jan 2, 2007
Small town ohio
Last year I was about to purchase a Ferrari, much the same way.....Was a low price, and the car was in New York city...when I contacted the person by e -mail and asked that he would call me..he refused saying that he was in europe and would not be back for a while, but needed to sell car..and I needed to put money in escrow before he would even tell me where the car was....the reason he gave me ( after 3 e-mails) was that he didn';t want to get scammed (lol)..while actually he was doing all the scamming (or trying to)..there is something about putting money into an escrow..dont know what..but guys..let's be realistic..if it's too good to be true..IT IS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please stay away......it's a scam..I'll bet anything...Be Aware.......

Gino

I have a simmilar story. I ride quads and back in the late 80's and early 90's Honda mad a 2 stroke dunebugy called a Pilot that are extremly fast and they are worth some money now adays. My dad bid on one and the next day he got 4 emails from people in the US and Europe who said they had one for sale for what he bid and they would next day UPS it to him. My dad knows about the maximum weight for UPS by shipping auto parts so he knew it was a scam. Im sure some one who wouldnt know about this would of jumped on the opertunity. Kinda sad in my opinon that people do this.:ack

RickM

GT Owner
Oct 15, 2005
Boise, ID
This car (2006 #414) was at the rally last August.
It was sitting right next to the TT in the Saleen parking lot.
I assume the original owner is a member of this forum...

Attachments

• V0414b.jpg
    V0414b.jpg
    256.4 KB · Views: 126

RickM

GT Owner
Oct 15, 2005
Boise, ID
Also the posting on ebay (which I assume is legit) says the cars location is Flint, MI.
Where-as the racingjunk scam artist is saying Lakeland, FL.

RickM.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Also the posting on ebay (which I assume is legit) says the cars location is Flint, MI.
Where-as the racingjunk scam artist is saying Lakeland, FL.

RickM.

Hmmmmmmmmm. 'Even bigger septic tank than I thought, then.:bored

red gt 1442

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 23, 2005
NY Metro Area
Got an interesting call last week from a guy ( forgot his name) who saiz I have been on the GT Forum and I have seen you there ...would like some background on your car 1442.........I said..what kind of background? he said, well i'm about to buy the car,, wanted to know how it was when you sold it....and what mileage it had.....I asked him to hold on.....opened the door to my garage... yep..car was still there......I then proceeded to tell him he had the wrong car...and asked him how he even found out I had the car? He said something about motor vehicle...(which I think is an invasion of privacy) and said the car he was going to look at in Long Island NY was 1442. Now.. the question....is there a possibility that a 2006 FGT would have the same last 4 of a 2005?..unnerving to say the least.....

Gino