918 Porsche Spyder test drive at Robb Report Car of the Year event

tonyt

GT Owner
Oct 23, 2014
Malibu, California
I just came back from Napa Valley. I was asked by Bill Curtis, CEO of Robb Report to be a judge for 2015 Car of the Year.
I spent 8 hours yesterday test driving several cars and rating them on many different aspects, this event was a total blast!
We were then asked to give a 5-10 minute presentation to members of the Robb Report Staff and media on our opinions.

One car stuck in my mind:The 918 Spyder

This is not a car, it is a spaceship. I cannot describe in words how fast and well balanced this thing is, WOW. I have had many cars over the years but this is by far the BEST car
I have ever driven. It felt like I was in a science fiction movie about to be blasted off to outer space. Anyway, thanks Robb Report for an amazing weekend testing out these fantastic cars!

david b

GT Owner
Jun 10, 2010
cleveland ohio
I just came back from Napa Valley. I was asked by Bill Curtis, CEO of Robb Report to be a judge for 2015 Car of the Year.
I spent 8 hours yesterday test driving several cars and rating them on many different aspects, this event was a total blast!
We were then asked to give a 5-10 minute presentation to members of the Robb Report Staff and media on our opinions.

This is not a car, it is a spaceship. I cannot describe in words how fast and well balanced this thing is, WOW. I have had many cars over the years but this is by far the BEST car
I have ever driven. It felt like I was in a science fiction movie about to be blasted off to outer space. Anyway, thanks Robb Report for an amazing weekend testing out these fantastic cars!

I agree with you 100%. I have driven the car twice and its as you say; that's why I purchased one. Thanks for the review

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA

Nice work if you can get it! Next time you are given this CHORE........please call. I'd hate to feel I didn't do all that I could to alleviate such a burden. :wink

Last edited:

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Thanks for sharing. I posted something about my 918 drive not too long ago.
I chuckled when reading yours, as I too have used the words "it's not a car, but a space ship" to friends when describing it.
The car is totally insane.