9-11

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
As no one else posted I guess I will. I hope everyone took a moment today to reflect on what occurred 11 years ago today and how it changed all of our lives forever. I also hope in those thoughts we remember all others that have given the ultimate sacrifice for the freedoms that we still all enjoy in our great country. I know I sure did.

topshot

GT Owner
Feb 6, 2012
Metro Detroit, MIchigan
well said

usmcfred

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2006
Massachusetts
Ditto.

usmcfred

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
yes indeed. Thanks.

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
9/11 Tribute on the Golf Course

Yesterday my son was in a college golf tournament in Hattiesburg, MS. On hole #18 there was a soldier who tended the flag as the players reached the green. No one else touched it and it never left his presence once they arrived at the green. It was very touching and brought a tear to many eyes. The last picture is my son thanking him for his service, as did everyone of the 98 players that were in attendance.
Lets never forget!

Larry Boatner

Attachments

• SoldierFlag.jpg
    SoldierFlag.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 133
  • LoganSoldier.jpg
    LoganSoldier.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 135

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
:usa:usa:usa:usa:usa:usa

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Never forget....and pray for our troops overseas and now also our Diplomats who are being killed daily in Libya and Egypt.
Very difficult 'tours of duty'.
ajb (andy)

david b

GT Owner
Jun 10, 2010
cleveland ohio
I lost a very close friend and college basketball teammate in one of the towers in 9-11. He had a wife and son he left behind. They will never forget and neither should we. We all get together once a year to remember and honor him and raise money for his son. We have raised enough money at this point to put his son through college. I still have trouble comprehending what he was thinking during the chaos. Never forget!

GTMikey

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2008
Lake Tahoe
I was on 3rd and 83rd for a 1 month training program on 9/11. Was walking down the street and I could see smoke to the south and Firetrucks everywhere. On 9/12 the streets of new york city were empty, weirdest thing you have ever seen, we just sat inside and watched CNN.. There was a fire house next to my apartment, wives, sons, daughters, parents, sat and waited to hear word and when they did, it was horrific to walk past the crying families.......

GT1261

GT Owner
May 28, 2012
For those of us who are not Americans, you people are like our brothers and sisters to us since 9/11.
Everyone here remembers the day like it was yesterday, and we all wish we could rewind the time to the day before the attack.
We will never forget! From me and others Swedes and Norwegians.