800HP TT Ford GT

201MPH

Apr 25, 2006
Toronto
jamie said:
Cosmetically Heffner's TT has no equal!

Absolutely. With this crowd visual appeal is going to be just as important as the numbers it produces.

piko6

GT Owner
Oct 5, 2005
i agree that thee is more sexiness to the heffner's ford gt TT build

but i am definately confusaed on a couple of aspects of that build..

the turbos are mounted in a very limited area therefore generating too much heat, the stock airbox will be restrictive for the 25 psi i desire to push thru it.
the exhaust box in the back is simply not going to get the numbers that i desire out of the build up.

heat is already a concern and the area where the old air feed used to come out of is used to cool the turbo's.

again i was going for the easyness of install in this situation and with my kit i believe the numbers are going to be:

835 at 18 pump gas and 970 at 25 with c16

the performance is just amazing and solid in every aspect.. the car feels totally different, and i am offering any GT owner a free ride in it if they wat to come to jacksonvile FL

this linearity with these turbos is simply amazing..

Dwight

Apr 4, 2006
Jacksonville, Fl
Been watching the thread most of the day and I keep seeing the cosmetic thing being brought up and a few of the posts being deleted. We knew when we designed the kit that it would not appeal to all GT owners. Yes, the kit you are looking at is a prototype hand built kit that was started on Tuesday the 18th of April and tuned and driven very much on Sunday the 23 of April. No we are not a shop that caters to exotics but we are apparently more than capable to handle the challenge. There are still some details and piping we will work on but the kit itself is fully operational. The power at the boost levels we are running is about what we expected, a little more actually.

We are mechanics here at Stage 6 Motorsports and HP performance and we have to work on the cars, so much thought went into the maintenance aspect of the kit. Also, we know that this particular car will be driven hard very often. With that said and the fact that HP Performance is testing the clutch setup and it may or may not have to come out of the car a few more times, it will take longer to remove the belly pans and rear section of the car than it will to remove the turbo kit. This kit is not only efficient in power production it is also efficient when it comes time to work on it.

This is by no means a hack kit. It is made with quality parts through out. Some may not like the layout while others will love the simplicity in its design.

We appreciate the input and will address what needs to be.

BigsGT

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 8, 2006
Austin Texas
Congrats on the fast development time and achieving your goals. I appreciate anyone trying to raise the bar.

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Amen to you guys on that I was there I witnessed it. I was lucky enough to go for that life changing ride. And guess what these cats at stage 6 are going to be doing some ungodly things to my collection right now. I'll just tune my own shit on HP's dyno as I do so well!

STAGE 6 said:
Been watching the thread most of the day and I keep seeing the cosmetic thing being brought up and a few of the posts being deleted. We knew when we designed the kit that it would not appeal to all GT owners. Yes, the kit you are looking at is a prototype hand built kit that was started on Tuesday the 18th of April and tuned and driven very much on Sunday the 23 of April. No we are not a shop that caters to exotics but we are apparently more than capable to handle the challenge. There are still some details and piping we will work on but the kit itself is fully operational. The power at the boost levels we are running is about what we expected, a little more actually.

We are mechanics here at Stage 6 Motorsports and HP performance and we have to work on the cars, so much thought went into the maintenance aspect of the kit. Also, we know that this particular car will be driven hard very often. With that said and the fact that HP Performance is testing the clutch setup and it may or may not have to come out of the car a few more times, it will take longer to remove the belly pans and rear section of the car than it will to remove the turbo kit. This kit is not only efficient in power production it is also efficient when it comes time to work on it.

This is by no means a hack kit. It is made with quality parts through out. Some may not like the layout while others will love the simplicity in its design.

We appreciate the input and will address what needs to be.

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
piko6 said:
again i was going for the easyness of install in this situation and with my kit i believe the numbers are going to be:

835 at 18 pump gas and 970 at 25 with c16

So are you going to do anything internally with the engine?

piko6

GT Owner
Oct 5, 2005
not yet....

that is for LEVEL 2

SAME KIT, LARGER TURBOS, UPGRADED PISTONS
UPGRADED FUEL, LEVEL 2 MANIFOLD FROM THE STAGE 6 BOYS

AND OF COURSE GOD"S TUNE FROM TONY AT HP PERF.

1500 RWHP?? Hopefully.. :banana :banana :banana

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Thanks for the ride last night Joe I have a new mission in life now.

2005 Silver SRT10 Ram 460 rwhp / 487 rwtq
150 shot 594 rwhp / 844 rwtq
2006 Silver Jeep SRT-8 12.9@107.5

piko6

GT Owner
Oct 5, 2005
mr tory ... wait for next week when you will experience the same thing just with 150 more hp HEHEHEH

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Name the date and time brother and I will be there. I am having a huge dyno day there this saturday.

satx

Aug 25, 2005
Dana Point
piko6 said:
not yet....

that is for LEVEL 2

SAME KIT, LARGER TURBOS, UPGRADED PISTONS
UPGRADED FUEL, LEVEL 2 MANIFOLD FROM THE STAGE 6 BOYS

AND OF COURSE GOD"S TUNE FROM TONY AT HP PERF.

1500 RWHP?? Hopefully.. :banana :banana :banana

sounds like a beast :thumbsup

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Yes

Outlaw

GT Owner
Apr 25, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
tmcphail said:
Name the date and time brother and I will be there. I am having a huge dyno day there this saturday.

Torrie , I need to get with you ( or tony ) about scheduling a definite time to tune my car. We got the VEC2 intstalled sat. and the Kit Should be on by FRI.

Joe, Your Twin Turbo Ford GT may be bad ass, but your still ugly. :biggrin - see you tomm.

- Aaron Mong

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
piko6 said:
This turbo kit is designed to be put on by an end user with minimal knowledge of mechanics....here is a pic of my motor bay i will post some images of a turbo kit that actually has turbos that spin!!!

this kit takes 3 hours to put on total time and uses stock headers

pardon my ignorance as i don't own one of the cars yet but i don't see an intercooler with this twin turbo setup? so i assume you are still using the stock air to water intercooler? if not where is the air to air intercooler located?

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Hey AM I can do it whenever you want. I am quite skilled with ROE's VEC2 since I use it on my personal viper and have already done what you are about to do. PM me if you need to get to me directly and dont know the route. Just watch out for me jeep at the track wednesday !

Outlaw said:
Torrie , I need to get with you ( or tony ) about scheduling a definite time to tune my car. We got the VEC2 intstalled sat. and the Kit Should be on by FRI.

Joe, Your Twin Turbo Ford GT may be bad ass, but your still ugly. :biggrin - see you tomm.

- Aaron Mong

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Correct it uses the stock A to W exchanger setup. Downstream air temperatures were great thru the runs so in my opinion I do not see a reason to deviate from that exact setup.

Fast Freddy said:
pardon my ignorance as i don't own one of the cars yet but i don't see an intercooler with this twin turbo setup? so i assume you are still using the stock air to water intercooler? if not where is the air to air intercooler located?

jamie

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 23, 2005
Virginia
Not putting down the TT but I think cosmetics are just as important as the performance in a car like the GT. The car is a work or art and I feel as I am sure many GT owners feel that the cosmetics are very important. As a matter of fact many GT owners are viper owners and there is quite a bit of discussion about the TT800 cosmetic appeal on Viper Alley under the (Garage Forum).
Very interesting reading!

Mar 15, 2006
tmcphail said:
Amen to you guys on that I was there I witnessed it. I was lucky enough to go for that life changing ride. And guess what these cats at stage 6 are going to be doing some ungodly things to my collection right now. I'll just tune my own shit on HP's dyno as I do so well!

TORRIE - IS YOUR JEEP SRT8 STOCK OR DOES IT HAVE NOS ON IT TOO? 12.9 @ 107 IS VERY IMPRESSIVE!

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
13.5@103 Stock 800 miles
13.4-13.3@104 with my CAI
12.9@107.5 CAI and 30 dry shot

Also until you get these past the 3000 mile mark the throttle only opens 90% I am at 2500 right now so its not opening up all the way yet. I have a 150 wet shot on it tuned really conservatively and new track times will come tomorrow.

SPANK GT said:
TORRIE - IS YOUR JEEP SRT8 STOCK OR DOES IT HAVE NOS ON IT TOO? 12.9 @ 107 IS VERY IMPRESSIVE!

2005 Silver SRT10 Ram 460 rwhp / 487 rwtq
150 shot 594 rwhp / 844 rwtq
2006 Silver Jeep SRT-8 12.9@107.5

AMER SPD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 18, 2005
Northern California
tmcphail said:
13.5@103 Stock 800 miles
13.4-13.3@104 with my CAI
12.9@107.5 CAI and 30 dry shot

Also until you get these past the 3000 mile mark the throttle only opens 90% I am at 2500 right now so its not opening up all the way yet.

Torrie, I've never heard of this 3000 mile setting. Is this set by Ford?

Charles