DSC01171.jpg

DSC01180.jpg

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I 'thin' you may have just crossed over into the realm of diminishing returns, Freddy! :lol

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Looks nice, you are going to have to get some custom domed glass for the rear clamshell. :lol

But, seriously I don't see how bigger is better without using better gas and upgrading the inter-cooler system. Bigger is better only if you can run more boost and with 91 octane gas even with a Gen1 is more than big enough IMO.

dbackg

dbackg
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 28, 2009
Tempe, AZ
Holy HUGENESS!

I wonder if it has the stock harmonic balancer??? :rofl

Could always install the Gurney bubble .... for the clamshell. :rofl

"But, seriously I don't see how bigger is better" .... somewhere some guy is trying to explain this theory to his wife.

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
but has the keyway been fixed? ;)

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Is there enough SPACE for that particular Gilmer 'drive system in a FGT?

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Looks nice, you are going to have to get some custom domed glass for the rear clamshell. :lol

But, seriously I don't see how bigger is better without using better gas and upgrading the inter-cooler system. Bigger is better only if you can run more boost and with 91 octane gas even with a Gen1 is more than big enough IMO.

bigger is better because it doesnt have to spin as much to make the same boost, it can deliver the same volume while doing less work and hence less heat!

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Looks like a marine Blower. They have very large intercoolers with unlimited cool water supplies in that application.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
bigger is better because it doesnt have to spin as much to make the same boost, it can deliver the same volume while doing less work and hence less heat!

I KNOW I'm going to get dumped on by some for saying this, but.....................:

What you stated is absolute gospel - up to a point. There is a "happy place" where blower size, engine size, engine vs. blower R.P.M.s, blower efficiency at said R.P.M., blower generated air temps, boost level, % of parasitic drag, and max H.P. related to the aforesaid all come together creating the most ideal and efficient combo...hence the max torque/H.P. for whatever R.P.M. Too large or small a blower/engine size/RPM ratio and 'nunna that be gunna' happen.

IMO, an 8.3 blower on a 5.4 'motor' doesn't add up to creating said "happy place". It's my unprofessional >opinion< (did I mention this is just my OPINION?), that anything much over a 4.0 blower is 'pushing it' on a 5.4 "efficiency-wise"...at least as it pertains to anything but a "1/4 mile only" car - if then. But, as I said, that's just my unprofessional 'take' on it.

'LOOKS DARNED IMPRESSIVE REGARDLESS, THOUGH! :lol :cheers

dbackg

dbackg
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 28, 2009
Tempe, AZ

Attachments

• double trouble.jpg
    double trouble.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 1,144

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Isn't puting a huge blower on like that a way of increasing the displacement of your "air pump"? Granted, heat is an issue but I believe if engineered correctly any combo can have it's sweet spot. I see a 13.7 litre motor there.

I bet it builds great power/torque down low.

Now is it right for the GT? looks like it won't fit and heat is a huge issue.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Looks good!

Ed

tanner

GT Owner
Jan 12, 2011

That picture from the front is insane.

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
Just remove the clamshell glass and you are good to go.

Longhorn

GT Owner
May 22, 2006
Houston
I believe Soroush is correct. It's called adiabatic efficiency, or so I was told in thermo II. Your engine is a heat pump, and it works between T1 (inlet) and T2 (outlet). If you can broaden the delta T (difference in temps), power goes up. When gasses are compressed they heat up. When gasses expand, they cool (that's how your A/C system works). Larger compressors have to do less work on the incoming air mass, so the air remains cooler.

Downside is it takes more power (parasitic loss) to run the larger blower.

Cheers!

Jess

Jess

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
I am not sure I understand the point of all this? There must be finite limitations on what can be done for boost? What is the end goal?

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
I am not sure I understand the point of all this? What is the end goal?

Atomic,

Have you ever seen a stripper that had tatas the size of bread boxes? It's kind of like that. They don't need to be efficient or usefull. Wretched excess is attention getting and that's the end goal here.

Chip

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Well Chip, I guess if you put in that perspective it makes sense !

dbackg

dbackg
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 28, 2009
Tempe, AZ
Chip does have a way with words.

However, if you can provide a "certificate", much like a dyno sheet.

Attachments

• Maxi Mounds.jpg
    Maxi Mounds.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 886