6 point harness

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
If you just get the factory Hardware installed it should be a lot less than that. . No one says you have to buy the Sparco belts. You can buy another brand of belts , And if you want to save additional money just buy one set for for the driver side..

The factory-installed inserts were $500 for us. That was a cheap price to pay for having the option in the future.. and as Dave says if you're never ever going to track the car just skip it but it's nice to know they're there if you ever need mounting points for something

Last edited:

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
Phil.
I ordered the brackets, and have been in dialog with Sparco Italy about suppling me with harnesses for the GT. I thought it would be silly to buy an Italian product in the US and having to pay import duty and what not.

Answer I got was that no other universal Sparco harness wil fit the NFGT and the set for the car needs to be bought in the US for $1.137. Then I have to pay 10% import duty and then 25% VAT.

Cup noodles for 3 months and no fancy restaurants and you should be about there mate :)

Reactions: Apollo

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
I was told they we set in the CF when the tub was laid so not really and option afterwards. The cost was really not an issue and wouldn't scoff at 1800Euro. /QUOTE]

I ordered the mounting and Ford sort of missed adding them at the factory. Putting in the mounts after the fact I think would run about three. times the option cost. The Sparco belts look great and mostly tuck out of the way, into the slots of the bottom of the seat but in the crowded cabin not much room on the sides of the seats,even little more effort to locate and engage the standard seat belts. The splash of color (mine are blue) is good.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:

FoMoCo

GT Owner
Aug 2, 2016
I ordered the mounts from the factory, then bought and installed the Sparco belts with Bernardo when the car arrived. The pic posted by Pro_GT_Driver accurately shows the sub-belt mounts. My car came with spacers and bars on those studs - that was the only difference between my car and the pic.

After I installed with Bernardo, I had to take to dealer to reset/re-calibrate the airbag weight sensor. Apparently that's a must when you remove/replace the seat bottom. Dealer also had to disable the indicator that tells the car whether the seatbelt is fastened so that it can start up.

Bottom line for me is that the 6pt belts have a very high "cool" factor for about 3 weeks. After that, they're annoying. They're annoying if you or passenger is dressed up. They're annoying if you have a passenger that doesn't know how to use them (imagine hooking up the sub-belt for your mother in law). They also flop around a bit and are prone to damaging any bare CF in the interior (imagine them laying in the door jamb and your passenger tries to shut the door), which is annoying.

I found that I was constantly managing the belts as much as I was enjoying the car. Today, mine are still installed but tucked behind seat. I'm using the 3pt system and have not looked back. Am I glad they're there? I guess so, but I am not as thrilled about them as I thought I'd be. Have I "tracked" the car or done anything else to justify their presence? No. Will I in the future? Maybe, but the belts wouldn't de a deal-maker or deal-breaker in that regard.

My advice is to order the option but NOT install/use the 6pt harness unless: a) you are competing with the car, b) you have had experience driving a streetcar with similar harnesses and know the deal, or c) are the kind of person that really enjoys doing the "gonzo" version of everything.

Hope this is helpful.

-Stuart

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I am with you on basically all of that. I ran the harnesses in my 06 for a few years, but found myself in the same situation. Really worried about beating up the side sills and ultimately took them out.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Good point Stuart and Dave. If I tracked my GT often I would want them but the hassle of them and the fact that in Texas you can’t use them on the street therefore I don’t need them. Wear and tear on the GT means a lot and I worry enough about the noise of everything going under my Girl! Believe me you hear everything off the tires and underneath the GT as you drive it and I seldom turn on the Radio! HA HA

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
I guess it depends if you think $1,800 is painful or not.

The harness anchors aren’t $1800, they are only $500. I have them in my new GT and they are first rate. On a half million dollar car leaving off proper well made $500 harness anchors wouldn’t make sense even if there was only a 1% chance you would ever track the car. Check the box. Although I have harness anchors in both of my GT’s the only time I actually install the belts is when I track the car or race the Mile. On the street I use the standard 3 point belts and the harness is removed. If you want to save money there are lots of $25,000 options you can skip. Cheers.

Chip

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Price is different in different markets.

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Tucked away. I find they don’t really rattle around much since the cabin is so tight and the belts are stuffed in.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:

ThatPhilBrettGuy

GT Owner
May 9, 2007
London, UK.
Bottom line for me is that the 6pt belts have a very high "cool" factor for about 3 weeks. After that, they're annoying. They're annoying if you or passenger is dressed up. They're annoying if you have a passenger that doesn't know how to use them (imagine hooking up the sub-belt for your mother in law). They also flop around a bit and are prone to damaging any bare CF in the interior (imagine them laying in the door jamb and your passenger tries to shut the door), which is annoying.
Thanks Stuart, that’s a really useful and informative post - I didn’t know about the need for the airbag weight sensor to be re- calibrated. This is what I was initially concerned about, particularly on charity days when getting passengers in and out quickly is difficult enough as it is. They're fitted as standard to my Noble. I've used them once...in 14 years.
The Sparco belts look great and mostly tuck out of the way, into the slots of the bottom of the seat but in the crowded cabin not much room on the sides of the seats,even little more effort to locate and engage the standard seat belts. The splash of color (mine are blue) is good.
And thanks Barry for the photos, agreed the belts look good but it seems that they’ll be too much of a PITA to live with for me.
The harness anchors aren’t $1800, they are only $500. I have them in my new GT and they are first rate. On a half million dollar car leaving off proper well made $500 harness anchors wouldn’t make sense even if there was only a 1% chance you would ever track the car. Check the box. Although I have harness anchors in both of my GT’s the only time I actually install the belts is when I track the car or race the Mile. On the street I use the standard 3 point belts and the harness is removed. If you want to save money there are lots of $25,000 options you can skip. Cheers.

Chip
Chip, they are in the UK. How I wish this was just a half million dollar car here - even a relatively mild spec car here would start with an 8 (in dollars), and we’re by no means the most expensive in Europe, I’m just glad I’m not in Scandinavia! As I tried to explain before, I’m not looking to save money by ending up with a poverty spec car which I might regret later, but I do want to make sure that every option I tick is justifiable so I don’t waste money which could be better spent on a trip to Multimatic or a few tanks of fuel.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Chip, they are in the UK. How I wish this was just a half million dollar car here - even a relatively mild spec car here would start with an 8 (in dollars), and we’re by no means the most expensive in Europe, I’m just glad I’m not in Scandinavia! As I tried to explain before, I’m not looking to save money by ending up with a poverty spec car which I might regret later, but I do want to make sure that every option I tick is justifiable so I don’t waste money which could be better spent on a trip to Multimatic or a few tanks of fuel.

You made me curious so I got on Norway’s government website to see how much taxes and import duties would be on a new GT up there. They would total over $2 million on top of the price of the car! Holy shit! Why on earth does anybody live there? Unbelievable.

Chip

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
- even a relatively mild spec car here would start with an 8 (in dollars), and we’re by no means the most expensive in Europe, I’m just glad I’m not in Scandinavia!

Can you elaborate further? Just the car price or additional taxes? I have to admit I haven’t heard any prices yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Can you elaborate further? Just the car price or additional taxes? I have to admit I haven’t heard any prices yet.

Most European countries have a 25% VAT tax plus an assortment of other taxes. (Gas guzzler, C02, carbon monoxide, weight, HP, engine displacement, and so on). The car itself costs more over there as well and then there are currency exchange costs. In Norway my favorite is their C02 tax which is about 70k on a new GT. Now I know why Norway’s Olympic cross country skiers are so good. Nobody can afford to drive there. I was outraged at tax & license fees here that total 13% of a new cars price. But compared to taxes and fees of 50 to 400% of a cars cost over there 13% is a deal. Nuts.

Chip

ThatPhilBrettGuy

GT Owner
May 9, 2007
London, UK.

Luckily for you I believe Germany is one of the cheapest places in Europe. I've been lead to believe it's only €550k for the basic car. :)

Last edited:

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
6 point harness anchors are now $2,500. Harness not included.

I ordered them.

Last edited:

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Spartan is correct on the $2,500.00 as I checked that box last week

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
I wish the exposed bulkhead was an option.