Jan 12, 2010
West Los Angeles
In coral/orange sunnysideup.jpg

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Funny you should post, I'm currently looking for that exact year to turn into a driver/road racer.

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Beautiful car no doubt, but they drive like trucks.
No slam meant, just my opinion.
Mark

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Yes they do/did. A friend found one and didn't bother to take the "original numbers" route but instead upgrade to a modern front end, modern suspension, disks on all 4, 7800 redline small block, modern rear end, shorty plexiglass windshield, removed everything not needed (radio,windows, heater) installed a 5 point roll bar, track side exhaust, wide ratio trans, period correct mag knock-off's etc..... the car is beautiful, light, quick as hell and a hoot to drive. The problem has been finding the "right" car to start with.

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Wow

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
Nice

beckertb

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
Beaumont, TX
Yes they do/did. A friend found one and didn't bother to take the "original numbers" route but instead upgrade to a modern front end, modern suspension, disks on all 4, 7800 redline small block, modern rear end, shorty plexiglass windshield, removed everything not needed (radio,windows, heater) installed a 5 point roll bar, track side exhaust, wide ratio trans, period correct mag knock-off's etc..... the car is beautiful, light, quick as hell and a hoot to drive. The problem has been finding the "right" car to start with.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chev...pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item338499215b&vxp=mtr

hows this?

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Yep, that's the idea.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Beautiful car no doubt, but they drive like trucks....Mark

I used to watch Bob Bondurant, Davey McDonald, Tony Settember & occassionally Jim Jeffords throw these around the tracks of Southern California - Riverside, Pomona, Palm Springs, Del Mar, Hourglass Field, and others. I don't think they would say they drove like trucks....

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
SteveA

I had one of these in the early 90s. White, satin blue interior, was able to find a Rochester FI from a seller in IOWA. Put a lot of money into it, and sold it for a loss. It was very cool driving around West LA on the weekend. Single axle, smell of petrol, nothing like it.

corvette2_zps9b5b8753.jpg
:facepalm:

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
I used to watch Bob Bondurant, Davey McDonald, Tony Settember & occassionally Jim Jeffords throw these around the tracks of Southern California - Riverside, Pomona, Palm Springs, Del Mar, Hourglass Field, and others. I don't think they would say they drove like trucks....
Fully understand your point, but there is a difference between a fully prepped race suspension (then or now) and a 1958 factory setup.
Like comparing a new Camaro to say a stock 1969, the old cars just don't want to turn or stop.
Old cars are great to look at, but they are not "drivers" in todays sense.
I still enjoy both knowing what they are.
Best,
Mark

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
SteveA

I had one of these in the early 90s. White, satin blue interior, was able to find a Rochester FI from a seller in IOWA. Put a lot of money into it, and sold it for a loss. It was very cool driving around West LA on the weekend. Single axle, smell of petrol, nothing like it.

corvette2_zps9b5b8753.jpg
:facepalm:

Very very very cool Doc!