46 Ford GT's currently for sale on autotrader

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
That CSL is great! I have been looking for one! Other exotic which is now appreciating like crazy are Z8s ( I see you have one, I also picked one up 2 years ago)! Low milage ones going for over 200 and Alpinas over 300! Europeans snatching up US versions! (though may start to slow with US dollar appreciating).

As far as GT , I am kind of giving up at getting the new GT, But let the 05-06 prices continue to drop! I will pick up a Heritage or a yellow one!!

Poor Richard

GT Owner
Nov 17, 2012
New Jersey
Personal preference, when to get in and when to get out. Perceived value and the 'right time' is when your ready. Looks like many are 'READY'

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
I wish the new GT the best success in it's racing endeavors. All boats rise with the tide.

and let's not forget the wrecked GTs that are getting re-painted as a Heritage and sold to over seas buyers!

as an owner of one of the limited 101 european 2005/2006 cars i totally agree with your statement.

To me i can confirm i know of an ex-US-car wrecked, repaired, repainted in gulf-livery and they tried to sell it in Dubai, but the deal did not finalize, i think the arabic buyer was cleverer as that seller, maybe he had the book with all the vin-numbers with the original paint codes provided by clever official dealers or the GT101 company in England !

let's held up the unmistakably better remake of the famous GT 40 with our cars, instead that new prototype with that V6-biturbo engine ! We do not know whenever it is in production in Canada, and at what price and in what technical performances it will finally have.
Let's wait and see if it will hit 24 hours tracks all over the world, the streets in a road version or will just slumber away in collections for ever and ever …….
bye for tonight
FelixIbizaSwitzerland

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
There is one market bubble even crazier. F-cars.

Fiat Dinos for $500-$600K! Even 308s are now being marketed as 6 figures cars. :bored

http://www.rmauctions.com/lots/lot.cfm?lot_id=1072852

Oh. My. God.

Absolute insanity.

54706067bubble-pin-380x190.jpg

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Yes, but it was sunny, warm and the cocktails were magnifique.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
And then there's:

http://www.rmauctions.com/lots/lot.cfm?lot_id=1071812

That's a big number.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Yeah, the car market will only go up, especially for crappy 6 cylinder 70's era Fiats.

SBR

GT Owner
Aug 23, 2009

Lots of talk on F chat on this one. I was going to bid up to 275K which was the high estimate but did not even get a chance to throw my hat in the ring LOL. Oh well...

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
25 on ebay; including 5 Heritage

Oil, currency fallouts prob left some folks short....

ps, post a pic of that CSL

I agree with that observation. Add to it the new car and the "wait-and-see" crowd, it's no wonder there are so many for sale.

matteuson

GT Owner
Jun 4, 2014
Cincinnati, OH
There is one market bubble even crazier. F-cars.

Fiat Dinos for $500-$600K! Even 308s are now being marketed as 6 figures cars. :bored

Mark my words....the Dino and 3.8L E Type market will correct. 250 GTOs will always be $50M cars.

Add to that the 190SLs.....give me a break. Would you rather DRIVE a 427/435 '67 Corvette Coupe or a 190SL? Matter of fact you could own a big block convertible for 190SL money.

There are some stupid things going on right now in the car market, what goes up must come down.

SBR

GT Owner
Aug 23, 2009
A 2.7 mile Heritage just hammered for 410K plus fees at Auctions America Ft Lauderdale.

RickH

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2015
Florida
A 2.7 mile Heritage just hammered for 410K plus fees at Auctions America Ft Lauderdale.

I was there and saw it sell. The auctioneer announced that the paperwork would take a week or so to clear customs. Are Canadian GT's less valuable than those made for the American market. I'm aware they are different, daytime running lights, bumpers are different, no upgraded stereo available,etc. Thanks in advance.

SBR

GT Owner
Aug 23, 2009
I was there and saw it sell. The auctioneer announced that the paperwork would take a week or so to clear customs. Are Canadian GT's less valuable than those made for the American market. I'm aware they are different, daytime running lights, bumpers are different, no upgraded stereo available,etc. Thanks in advance.
How was the auction overall? It seemed like every car there did not reach its low estimate. Maybe this had more to do with the ability of the auction house to attract buyers vs. the strength of the market? Just thinking out loud.

RickH

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2015
Florida
How was the auction overall? It seemed like every car there did not reach its low estimate. Maybe this had more to do with the ability of the auction house to attract buyers vs. the strength of the market? Just thinking out loud.

I only went on Saturday afternoon, arriving around 2:00pm and they hadn't gotten to the good stuff yet. Not many registered bidders I think, not like the other auctions. Lot 400 was the Canadian Heritage and it sold at 5:00pm. Lot's of good cars coming up after that. People start to get hungry and lose interest late in the day from my experience at previous auctions. My first Auctions America auction and I liked it a lot. It's amazing the difference of the attendees from Mecum, B.J. and AA. Totally different crowds.

SBR

GT Owner
Aug 23, 2009
^^^ But if there are not a lot of bidders then I certainly would not bring a high end car there IMHO. My observation was that I saw very few cars reach the low estimate. Not good for a seller but great for a buyer.