4.0ltr Whipple - fuelling & air restrictions sorted yet?

Namor

GT Owner
Apr 5, 2008
London, UK
I'm still hoping to hear that someone - Roush, Accufab, Whipple are working on an off the shelf solution for the fuelling and air limitations on the 4.0ltr installation.

I'm not buying a 4.0ltr because I want to ensure the set up is optimised from the outset.

I understand Accufab might be working on a 80mm throttlebody to optimise the 4.0ltr. Can anyone confirm this rumour?

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Have you tried emailing an inquiry to them regarding same?

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
There are lots of threads on this subject. No updates that I'm aware of.

Rockstar

GT Owner
Jun 30, 2009
Golden, Colorado
I have spoke with John at Accufab ( call him, 909-930-1751) he is working on an 80 mm and a single blade thyrotal body. Since there is not a large demand for this, it is not a high priority. I cannot wate, so again I may take the bull by the horns and take it apon myself to modify his throtal body or build a new one. I do understand if there is no large need on an item then there is no urgency. We believe with the Whipple 4.0 there is 1000 RWHP to be obtained from these engins with out having to go in side them. and the throtal body is one area that could be worked on.

Attachments

• Ford GT air box mods 005.jpg
    Ford GT air box mods 005.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 296
Last edited:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
We believe with the Whipple 4.0 there is 1000 RWHP to be obtained from these engins with out having to go in side them.

That would be GT nirvana! 1,000 h.p....no lag...INSTANT full boost whenever you wanted it...no exhaust mods really needed...no holes in the rear diffuser for the "pop off" exhausts! What else could a guy want (well, besides 2,000 H.P.!)???

'Only thing missing would be rear tires made out of super glue...and perhaps 2" diameter rear axles, a T/FD clutch setup, and.............. :lol 'Sounds GREAT to me! :banana:banana:banana

Last edited:

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006
I love these cars!

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I think 1000 HP is reachable with race gas only. With octane <=93 the power would be much less.

I look forward to you progress reports and that 1000HP dyno graph. You are the Capt. Kirk of FGT mods, going where no man as gone before. :thumbsup

Namor

GT Owner
Apr 5, 2008
London, UK
thanks Rockstar, you should be reimbursed out of the R&D budget of Whipple, Roush and Accufab.

those of us less able and not as brave as you will have to wait for an official solution. If it ever comes.

Rockstar

GT Owner
Jun 30, 2009
Golden, Colorado
Thanks much for the acculades, but the credit goes to the GT Minions. :cheers

Attachments

• user3237_pic276_1252776760_thumb.jpg
    user3237_pic276_1252776760_thumb.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 259

dealmaker

GT Owner
Sep 30, 2006
England
Well put me down for an 80mm throttle body!

I think there may be more demand that they realise! Looks like on this thread alone there may be 5 of us who would be buyers!

How many "pre-orders" do Accufab need to make it interesting for them? Maybe we can run a Group Buy?

thegtguy

*Supporting Vendor* GT Owner
Apr 20, 2006
MI
Stay tuned

All I will say is stay tuned and we will see what our testing brings over the next few weeks!!!!!!!!!! We have been working on this issue for a few months and want to make sure that it is correct and safe before it is public knowledge.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
All I will say is stay tuned and we will see what our testing brings over the next few weeks!!!!!!!!!! We have been working on this issue for a few months and want to make sure that it is correct and safe before it's public knowledge.

Weeeeeeeell then, I'd say you just blew the whistle on yourself! :lol

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Well put me down for an 80mm throttle body!

I think there may be more demand that they realise! Looks like on this thread alone there may be 5 of us who would be buyers!

How many "pre-orders" do Accufab need to make it interesting for them? Maybe we can run a Group Buy?

Can you have a throttle body that is too large on a blown injected motor ??

I don't see a downside.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
Can you have a throttle body that is too large on a blown injected motor ??

I don't see a downside.

Throttle modulation at low engine loads and RPMs.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Drivability.

Throttle modulation at low engine loads and RPMs.

I agree. GT500 owners running huge monoblade TBs are experiencing lousy drivability at part throttle. The gas pedal turns into an on-off switch. Many have switched back to smaller, dual-blade throttle bodies.

Chip

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
We need a 3 barrel throttle body.

Invisible-throttle-body.jpg

dealmaker

GT Owner
Sep 30, 2006
England

Fubar,

I will take a pair of those if you can fix me up please!!! !!! :biggrin

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005

I would like to some pictures with them in the partially open and fully open position.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Mark, I spit Coca-cola out of my nose. Bony would be proud.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Mark, I spit Coca-cola out of my nose. Bony would be proud.

I'm sitting in a hotel club level lounge trying to have breakfast - now laughing my ass off!!!!!!!!!! Out of a dozen people here I'm the only one who has spoke or made a noise in 10 minutes, and it's gruntal laughter..... Keep em coming please!

TNA Baby:biggrin