4.0 whipple and built L&M motor

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Is your Cold air intake from the GT guys?

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
View attachment 26008

Tunned by Jon Lund and MRL performance they came up with an awesome combo! This was befor 75 shot of nos. we made 1200whp and 1200 wtq with that setup! this was on shell racing unleaded 110 octane. the top run was with 21 degrees timing. and a 21lb pulley and a %10 innovators west harmonic balancer.

AWESOME!!! this is what the future looks like for me too. you should be able to go at least 235 mph in 1.5 miles with this setup....

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Looks Good DOM.. The guys at L&M seam to be doing alot of gt500 motors, coyote motors and seam to run well..Your air box idea is great. I would maybe like to see some 4'' tubes from the meter out to the enclosure parts. Reason being is if you look at your dyno graph and the power you make. When the power starts to tank in the upper rpms usually its due to lack of air flow on the whipples. Maybe not the case with yours but a thought and did you try and dyno with just maf in the factory rubber piece with out the Y and filters?

As far as the clamb goes with closing it off and cutting the holes in the back of it NICE work. With the blower getting fresh air that is not contaminated with heat, exhaust etc is defeniatly better. The factory air box pulls out of there aswell, but most of the air that enters the clamb dumps into the engine compartment first.

You've made some pretty awesome blower only power. About the most we have seen yet out of a 5.4, 4.0 and manual transmission, SO CONGRATS and Jon Lund is a very good tuner.

Here is how I did my clamb shell and air box. We made 1450rwhp threw it. I don't even wanna talk about how much time and money I have in all this stuff cause is a good portion of a Ford GT worth LOL The things we do for speed....

We removed the plastic vents that go in the clamb shell which in return made those openings much bigger being the air is drawn threw those holes for the most parts as they are NOT a high pressure spot, but do still offer alot of air flow. The clambshell is 100% carbon top and bottom is cosmetic so its pretty. We made that as well so no chopping up a stock one for me:) Also for those who have asked I have also driven my car in the rain with no issues and my ram air tubes are direct to the air box. Also water will not effect a boosted application like it will a Na Motor, so not a super big deal. The ram air tubes in the 4th pic flow about 3500cfm a piece due to the size of them. SO there is zero restriction to the blower with two of these. Then the air box.. The bottom of the clambshell is also cut out where the factory little air box holes are for my larger air box openings to meet the ram air tubes. For the power I have made there has been NO loss in HP yet with the air box. 1500+rwhp is right around the corning in the next two weeks.

Again Congrats and I am sure your car is an animal!!!!

Also what did you guys do for the fuel system?

Attachments

• Clamb shot GT.jpg
    Clamb shot GT.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 161
  • Airbox Ford GT.JPG
    Airbox Ford GT.JPG
    307.9 KB · Views: 164
  • air box.jpg
    air box.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 163
  • ram air tubes.JPG
    ram air tubes.JPG