We'll get there. No worries....: Sum (event) = dynamic occurence (event)*time

Dr SLF360

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Steve T said:
This seems like a very high number to me. Of the 3400 sold I would think that several hundred of them are not even driven by the new owners.

Just seems like you would see a new picture of a wrecked GT every 3.04 days (on sale for 2.5 years divided by the 300 wrecks) :biggrin

What was the source of the info?

A top executive from Saleen informed me that they are gearing up to do major repairs. Trust me, he said 300 have been heavily crashed and await rebuilding.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
jamie said:
I am not a math expert but isn't 300 out 3400 more like 8%? not 17.4!

That makes two of us that are not math experts, you are of course correct.
I cheated through most of my schooling and did not graduate but was evicted :biggrin

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
SYCO GT said:
good catch. fuzzy math. 17.4 sounds much more dramatic. :wink

sorry, I was not trying to be dramatic! my mistake, mea culpa.
if you think the crash numbers are normal, your wrong...

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
The 17.4 would be percentage of GTs not sold (600/3400). So, answer was right, just wrong question (gee - wonder if I can use that line at work).

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
AZGT said:
The 17.4 would be percentage of GTs not sold (600/3400). So, answer was right, just wrong question (gee - wonder if I can use that line at work).
So that says, (replacement-) supply is getting quickly less, hence price will soon increase.

It' s like with OIL, ya all... :biggrin

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
AZGT said:

hopefully your boss is as bad at math as I am.

bottom line, consider the fleet's mileage, major accident rate, and remember these cars are not daily drivers. nothing wrong with the car, just some loose nuts behind the wheels. :biggrin Of course Ralph Nader could make a case that the cars are unsafe. Also, remember that the muscle cars where killed off in the 70's by the insurance companies. case closed.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
300 Cars Crashed!!

Finally, a strong (local) source for parts! I'll be parked in a truck over by the dumpster.....

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Well I guess there is some benefit to all of this. A well maintained GT without a crash record should help keep its value as more and more end up with repair histories! Drive with contol! :biggrin

Bony, did you change your commitment??? :thumbsup

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
The Z06Vette forum has a thread stating 31% of the Z06's have been wrecked. If true, they must be the least talented driver group on the road.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
AtomicGT said:
Well I guess there is some benefit to all of this. A well maintained GT without a crash record should help keep its value as more and more end up with repair histories! Drive with contol! :biggrin

Bony, did you change your commitment??? :thumbsup

not quite, but I am getting there... :banana