218 MPH ? GT on Autabhn video

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
http://blogs.edmunds.com/roadtests/category/cat.2005FordGT

Edmunds says there is video of a GT on Autabahn doing 218mph?

Anyone see it?

I slammed a guy in my office who said his Fiaterrari Superamerica has a top speed of 208 and beats the GTs 205; at which point I provided him the Nardo testrack data of 212mph.....

fordgtadvisor

Dec 29, 2006
If you go to comments they say this guy was doing 215+ on the autobahn. Not sure I cant get the video to play, all I can do is listen to it. I think my computer at work is not set up to run this video. Can anyone else see it?

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/ford+gt/0/59F62B9F-7ACA-4D41-87D0-CCE460FD37E7.htm

Last edited:

ottocars

GT Owner
Jan 12, 2007
florida
If you go to comments they say this guy was doing 215+ on the autobahn. Not sure I cant get the video to play, all I can do is listen to it. I think my computer at work is not set up to run this video. Can anyone else see it?

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/ford+gt/0/59F62B9F-7ACA-4D41-87D0-CCE460FD37E7.htm

i can see it and can tell you he is never douing this kinde of speed
i know the autobahn there is traffic where he rides and the signs are not flying by for me he does 215 kmh and thats a may be.
its a fake.

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
With a few mods, the car goes easily to 210mph and beyond. Once it gets a bit warmer, I'll try to make some proof. I know Piko even ion US had his over 210mp/h, or even at 220, even before the turbo install..
I here basically everytime I get on the highway, once the oil is up to temp get it well over 180mph.. It goes so quick, before you look you are already there, and you get used to it. In the GT speed is less scary (if at all) than in a Ferrari, the F-car seems lighter on the front and more nervous on steering.

One thing I noticed the other day, the white strip above the license plate turns slightly brown, looses it's brightness. - Seems no accumulated dirt, but rather heat effect, possible...!? The price to pay.. I know of one of the Euro converted (fast driving) GT's in Germany caught fire from the Euro exhaust, that then got modified. Less of an US issue, it appears :biggrin

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
I used standoffs on the screws that hold the license plate to help keep the air moving back there.

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
I used standoffs on the screws that hold the license plate to help keep the air moving back there.

I think it comes from when I park the car, and don't give it a winding down distance first... Took off the fancy dancy chrome GT license plate frame, so hot air radiates out and creeps up and ruins the white slowly.. ?

Gotta check..

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
i can see it and can tell you he is never douing this kinde of speed
i know the autobahn there is traffic where he rides and the signs are not flying by for me he does 215 kmh and thats a may be.
its a fake.

I think it is 1 of 18 here, and trust me, he did it....

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
The 205mph everyone talks about is the computer limited speed. Once you have tuned your car with Diablo, SCT or others there is an option to remove the limiter. Then your car should be able to do at least 212. There is an earlier thread with graphs of redline in each gear. If you modded your car enough I think redline in 6th was 240ish.

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
The 205mph everyone talks about is the computer limited speed. Once you have tuned your car with Diablo, SCT or others there is an option to remove the limiter. Then your car should be able to do at least 212. There is an earlier thread with graphs of redline in each gear. If you modded your car enough I think redline in 6th was 240ish.

Bravo. The limiter was set to 212 mph in mine, if I remember correctly. Now it is set to 250mph, merely theoretical though..:biggrin
With sufficient mods, you redline the car in fifth without major problems. Set the redline to 7000rpm in the ECU, and look on the chart where you are getting...

Question: Do the Twin Turbos actually go faster (top speed) in sixth, than in fifth !? Anyone tried, Torrie or Piko maybe !?? I'd guess with these power reserves, the gearing issue should be overcomeable, right ?